1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

I'm Stuck By Myself.

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Alyssum, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Alyssum

Alyssum Platinum IL'ite

My life is good but I'm stuck by myself. Feeling like missing myself. I don't have enough time to take care of myself.
    Always feel like stay in kitchen...
    Household chores and taking care of baby. Finally stressed myself and eat lot.
    Result is Looking Fat.
    I don't have enough sleep at night... Somewhat sleep in morning..wake up is late.
    Then freshen up and enter into kitchen.. Make my drink and start cook,serve and eat. Next baby feeding, playingp washing like that afternoon gone. Evening Dinner preparation serve and eat... Again same with baby...
    Sometimes watching movie...
    If I go out in evening time,need to plan for dinner.. It takes time. Finally i have mymdinner @9.00.Then clean and close the kitchen.

What a life ya !!!

Even though festival day not able to watch single program.
    Need to prepare special items. Time gone...

Relationship with parents, friends, inlaws, better half going good. Because I maintain what is what? That's it..sometimes problems arise and gone. Without problem life is not good ya! Find and make a way to solve a problems. (ignore unnecessary thing)

Advice is coming from every one... For LOOKING FAT.

I give up my weight loss process...because I'm not do happy way.

I feel good , I'm share my thoughts with you.

I want to make a way for myself. (I miss my reading, drawing, physical activity, outing alone, shopping for myself).

Help me ... How to get out my stuck?

2. Deborah

Deborah Gold IL'ite

@Alyssum - we all get stuck in a routine sometimes . Perfectly normal .
    From what you have described in your post, all I feel is that you need to bring in some organization in your routine . I don't know if you are in India or abroad.That does change things as one usually had household help in India , not so abroad where everything must be done by self.
    Still,a Few tips -
    1) plan for a week ahead for what to cook .
    2) set aside one day for buying groceries as per the weekly plan
    3) set a schedule for meal times (for eg: 9am-1pm-8pm )and stick to it . Make it known to others in the family too that these are times food will be ready , not before or later.
    This will give you ample time to attend to your work in an efficient manner.
    4) Jot down 3 short term goals and 3 long term goals . These could be related to your hobbies , personal interests , career etc. Once you have an idea what you want to do , you will be able to act on it .
    5) weight loss- simply tweaking one's diet is enough to initialize weight loss .Start small - making meals like soup, salad etc for yourself , consciously drinking more water , eating more fruits etc . These will definitely make a difference .
    There are weight loss threads in health forum on indusladies . Check those out.
    4)set a healthy sleep and wake up routine. If you sleep early like by 10 pm and wake up by 7 , it will give you 3 additional hours to prepare for the day ahead , have your tea/coffee in peace , think about things etc.

VidhyaVi, shravs3, Alyssum and 2 others like this.
  3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

It is normal to feel stuck at times in life with our convenient routine life. But it is dangerous if we don't do anything to get out of this convenient box.
    Because it can affect your physical and mental health in the long run.

I have plenty of friends, both working and stay at home moms who look like old aunties at their mid 30s.
    They feel unhappy about their looks for a while, and eventually they start accepting it and move on with their routine life.
    I don't know whether they are happy or sad for this state of life. But obviously, they have not only lost their looks, but also act like elders in every way. I feel like they have lost their youth in their 20s itself, while many others are still feeling young both mentally and physically in their late 40s and early 50s too.
    So, it basically depends what you want.
    In your case, it seems like you are unhappy the way you manage your life, so here are some tips to change it.

Can't you cook your b'fast and lunch in the AM before 8.30?
    Consider yourself like a working woman, and do fast cooking before working Hrs.
    This way, you get free time in the noon.
    Obviously you can put your child to nap, and utilize that time for some exercise, reading, or even listening to music.
    That helps to relax your mind a lot.
    Also exercising helps to burn calories. I sometimes play a you tube video on simple exercise for 20 mins, and follow their instructions.

If your child is not too small, you may put him/her to play school to have some free time in the morning.
    When my child was small, and I was still enjoying my long maternity break, I used to leave my baby with my mom (who lived close by) for 1 hr to utilize that time for myself.
    Think whether you have any reliable support system...
    If not a nanny, day care for few hrs etc would be of help.

Think about hiring a maid if your finances allow that. At least for part time, so that half of your work will be done.

More importantly stick to a diet plan, and timing. Dont eat everything that you like when your body has no hard work.
    Eat a balanced healthy diet with less carbs and fat.

If possible walk a lot. At least in the evening after your H returns from work. Let the child bond with dad, while you take some walk outside to enjoy fresh air.

Always eat dinner before 7.30 if you plan to hit the bed at 10.00.
    This way, you can continue the dishes and next day's preparation in the kitchen after finishing your dinner.

Dont wash cloths daily, it consumes a lot of time. If you have a machine, chose a day for laundry.

If your finances permit, but an exercise machine. You may watch TV or listen to music while working out.

Soak fenugreek or cumin seeds the previous night, and drink that water the next morning. Also follow this lemon + honey method in the morning as the first thing.

Less to No sugar diet is the best. At the same time stop eating junk food and carbonated beverages. If you can, try drinking green tea. Even black tea helps too.

Make new friends, join social media, try a new hair style, and different dressing and see the complete change in you in 2-3 months

Good luck

VidhyaVi, Alyssum and SinghManisha like this.
  4. kavikuyil

kavikuyil Bronze IL'ite

You got really great ideas. I just have few things to add.

Questions for yourself: Ask yourself why you want this (to get unstuck). What about current life is sucking everything out of you. What would you need to change. What are you willing to do about it.

Ask for help. With household work and/or taking care of the baby friends, family, so you can get out of the house to go for a walk or to a gym or a class.

VidhyaVi and Alyssum like this.
  5. Alyssum

Alyssum Platinum IL'ite

Hi deborah
    Thank you...

1) plan for a week ahead for what tocook.

Impossible one... Cooking plan by inlaws...

2)setaside one day for buying groceries as per the weekly plan

Grocery also take care by inlaws. Sometimes she asks we need any other thing...

3.set a schedule for meal times (for eg: 9am-1pm-8pm )andstick to it . Make it known to others in the family too thatthese are times food will be ready , not before or later.

Timing difficult one...
    Will try to follow.

4) Jot down 3 short term goals and 3 long term goals . These could be related to your hobbies , personal interests , career etc. Once you have an ideawhat youwant to do , you will be able to act on it .

Think and do
    Hobby reading, interest in practice mehandi and stitching... Career at present nothing..

) weightloss- simply tweaking one's diet is enough to initialize weight loss .Start small - making meals like soup, salad etc for yourself , consciously drinking more water , eating more fruits etc . These will definitely make a difference .
    There are weight loss threads in health forum on indusladies . Check those out.

I'm not follow consistently thats my big mistake.
    Plan and do it wisely.

4)set a healthy sleep and wake up routine. If you sleep early like by 10 pm and wake up by 7 , it will give you 3 additional hours to prepare for the day ahead , have your tea/coffee in peace , think about things etc.

Sleep@ 1...sometimes we up at midnight...
    Not able to sleep comfortably..
    Trying.. Morning usual time 7am...
    Sometimes 6am.

Want to wake up 5am
    To do walk 60 mins

I will try to organize my work and utilize my time for healthy and happy life.

Thank u Deborah

VidhyaVi likes this.
  6. Alyssum

Alyssum Platinum IL'ite

I have confusion and work stress... Thats y I stuck.... After reading suggestions getting little relief.
    Will plan proper way...

Help- I dont ask help,becoz they make me wait... Response also not good. I will do my work myself... If I have health issues my better half take care of me. That's enough to me.

Really, I need to think about changes in myself

Thank u kavikuyil

7. Alyssum

Alyssum Platinum IL'ite

Thank u SGBV..
    Your suggestion and good are great. Will follow and share with us.

Time schedule.
    Baby time
    Diet and tips
    Try a new things...
    Interesting SGBV...

Goodday.