I'm pregnant!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sanravi_1970, Sep 26, 2007.

1. priya4prabhu

priya4prabhu Silver IL'ite

Congrats ammani.. happy pregnancy !!!!!!!! :thumbsup

2. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

thanks laavie...

thanks savitri

actually im bit confused these days abt my food habits... last week was horrible... anything and everything i eat or drink was down the drain in 5 minutes or eating and drinking... i was surprised when i cudnt even keep down water!!

now im returning back to normal... still sticking to watery red rice... which my grandma used to say coolant for the stomach with pinch salt and drop of pickle!

hope i pick up nicely... on the eating front

though no morning sickness... just damn sleepy after having food... i force myself to read some book so that i dont sleep... if i keep sleeping whenever i get sleepy i will be a lazy bum soon... with hubby running all the household errands and me snoozing on the bed!! :eek:mg: poor guy... traveling to and from office from our new home is a big task for him (needs minimum 1 to 1.5 hrs by bus stuck in traffic) and over that all those tiring meetings and work in the office!!

taking a week rest and then start my regular walking for half hour in d morning daily... as usual though with care but i want to be normal and energetic as before... (as i doubt inlaws will be here to pamper me as they are aged and have their own health issues!! and my mom is buzy looking after my new born nephew... ) so i need to take good care of myself and my house... (though planning to appoint a maid for cleaning and dusting ) though will full support and advice from my family!!

pray that i succeed in my new venture and come out with flying colors!

3. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Ammani... :)
    Enjoy watching your DH do all the works!
    Take care of yourself.
    Enjoy your pregnancy journey....

4. mathum22

mathum22 New IL'ite

hi ladies,

congrats ammani,
    Dont worry this is the time when women can enjoy their sleep. After you have a baby your sleep will go for a sixer. more over the more you sleep the more your baby grows. But do walk a lot atleast morning 1/2 hour and evening 1/2 hour through out your pregnancy...bcos it will help during your labour time a lot...if possible do some yoga exercises which are exclusively for pregnant women, your muscles will stay flexible.moreover you cannot expect the same sleeping cycle in your third trimester.

this is your first pregnancy i suppose. i am also due for my periods on 25 april but not yet got it..i think i am also pregnent. but when i did the test today morning i can only see a faint pink line does it mean positive?.apart from that i dont have any other pregnancy symptoms, except i feel tired now and then and very hungry. can someone help me out?
    i am a bit confused..if at all i am pregnant i must be in my 5th week, still i dont have any sickness and does all pregnant women get good white discharge in thier 5th week? bcos i am not having that stretchy kind of discharges..its creamy.Thinking of taking another HTP tomorrow and visit the doc on saturday...

wish me good luck...

regards,
    M.Mathangi

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  5. nupur12

nupur12 New IL'ite

Re: Pregnancy: Weight gain

There is no need to be worried about this this is normal.
    Good luck and enjoy your pregnancy.

6. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

@mathum22

Yes its my first.... this week i didnt move out of the house much... i get very horrible headaches suddenly every now and then... i take medicines only when its absolutely necessary... and now though i wont take anything without the doctor instructing me to do so... i plan on going for walks next week onwards no matter what... though carefully

according to my calculations it was more than 5 weeks when i guessed i may be pregnant... white discharge was there... but no other symptom... one evening i found a drop of blood with the discharge and again only white discharge the next morning... because of the what we guessed as food poisoning and the missed period we consulted gyn who inturn confirmed the good news :)

on my front.. my appetite and food taste have gone out... i dont seem to like any taste... though i tell myself i have to eat to be healthy and eat... no MS... no other symptoms except fatigue and sleepiness (i curse the alarm when it rings in the morning :rant) sometimes even smell of milk and sight of milk cream makes me nauseous... but having a cup of milk whenever i can!! hope things go well regarding my food habits..

7. mathum22

mathum22 New IL'ite

HI AMMANI,

Dont worry about the headache..it will be there for a month or so.if you feel nauseating with plain milk you can have it with boost or horlicks(provided you r not overweight)DO NOT HAVE COMPLAN you will gain weight in the first trimester it self.have curd it is good for digestion.as far as food is concerned you have to eat a very good balancced diet from the beginning of your pregnancy.

just try to have the following:

# 1 cup of salad daily is a must
    # Atleast 2 fruits a day (4 is recommended-i hope you dont hate fruits.)
    # now its summer so include watermelon becos after 2 months you will not get it till you have your baby.but it is only for the water and fiber it has not much nutrients in it except minerals.
    # take whole grain food like wheat,oats,museli,kellogs K,dhalia etc.but limit your rice intake to 1 time a day.(dont have maida becos it will constipate)
    # never eat outside in hotel or fast food just try to sacrifice for 1 year( 9 months +3 month breast feeding) it is good for you and the baby.
    # lots of water.
    # have at least 5-6 almond a day,prunes,dates,walnut. you can have cashews if you r not overweight.
    # have 6-8 GARLICS a day,you can roast it in the tawa or put it in food.this is also for 1 year.
    # limit the intake of salt n sugar.
    # do not have the packed juice like tropicana,real, maaza it is all sugar n nothing else etc have fresh home made juice.
    # dont have ghee and butter daily,some people say it is good for the baby,but it is not. if it is added to your food like pav bhajji, ghee in roti, dal makhani etc it is OK.
    # if you feel like having icecream, chocolates, samosa, cutlet or any other items have it but limit it to once or thrice per month becos your doc may tell you to increase your weight at the last two months, she might tell you to have lots of rich food....at that time you can have those.
    # have at least 1 cup of choole/moong dal/rajma etc daily.you will see the energy you get from it.

well ammani this as far as i know ..more than the dos i think i have mentioned the donts bcos they r the important ones...eat well ...be happy your baby will be happy.

i have already started walking because i am overweight i am actually 76 kgs so trying to have a balanced diet so that i can limit my weight gain to 10-12 kgs.hope to have a smooth pregnancy.

regards,
    M.Mathangi

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  8. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

@Mathangi

thanks for the guidance....

im overweight :eek:mg:... no thyroid problem... i did no over eating and no other gyn problem... (weight gain suddenly after marriage) had it checked 2 years back... but im not able to loose weight easily... but still i used to go for walks and climb down steps atleast when going out... walking was my routine which i stopped because of weakness after the bad food poisoning episode last week... just took this week off... so that i gain strength and dont faint on road or anywhere else due to the weakness... and i couldnt tolerate anything except red rice so this week it was rice.... and what i heard from my elders is that red rice is good for health... its provides some cooling effect to the stomach than white rice... (i dono if this is scientifically true.. ) when i was at my place we used to have white rice regularly and after marriage red rice... some elders used to say white rice also causes gas problems (if the rice is cooked more than an hour or so before eating i mean to say)..

fruits are fine wid me... have bananas and some chiku or orange or musambi and sometimes grapes whenever i feel like eating!!

water is not a problem for me... have it a lot... sometimes hubby scolds me saying too much of water is bad!!

outside food is a big no after the last week experience... :rant whenever i ask for juice from outside i get a big lecture from my hubby!! tsk

9. mathum22

mathum22 New IL'ite

hi ammani,

you r right about the red rice its far far better than the white rice. stick on to red rice but have roti also atleast once a day becos you need fibre also. don't cut down on water during pregnancy becos during pregnancy for the baby to get its nutrition through umblical cord water is a must and if you get dehydrated your baby will not get the required nutrition, and it also helps in the formation of adequate amniotic fluid and most of women get constipation from 4 months onwards if not then in the last three months so don't cut down on water.so,have atleast 3 litres of water per day.

All your fruits are fine but also have apples, and try to eat one cup of salad per day.

Don't worry about your weight now eat healthy and no junk food,since it is summer i feel like having ice cream but what i do is ....i don't have the ice cream instead i have the 5 rs orange stick in kwality walls (i mean that is better than ice cream in calories). if you try to restrict yourself this way you can also try gaining minimum weight till your due date.and i only have plain milk with half suger(no boost or horlicks),since its summer now if i feel like having chill milk i have rose milk (rooafza) becos it is also a coolant to the body.

we over wieght people are not lucky like the lean once who enjoy their pregnancy with lots of icecreams and sweets....but all women enjoy their pregnancy in their own ways.

take care
    Regards,
    M.Mathangi

10. nupur12

nupur12 New IL'ite

Congrats Ammani...
    Enjou your pregnancy.:)