IL needs "Greeters" and "Local Champions"

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Jey, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello IL’ites,

As our community grows around the globe, there’s ongoing need for our members to become community leaders. On the flip side, several members have expressed interest to get more involved in IL. That’s why we keep looking for caring members to step forward and guide our corner of the cyberspace.

Today, we invite interested IL’ites to become “Greeters” or “Local Champions”. Given the size of our forum, we probably need a few “Greeters” and 1 or 2 “Local Champions” per city. These are volunteer roles with the following responsibilities.

Greeters
    Think about your first day at Indusladies.com? You were unsure of many things about IL and you had a lot of questions. While you figured it out over time, I am sure you would have appreciated a little more hand holding during those initial days. That is exactly what we would like to offer our new comers through the “Greeters” program.

The main role of a “Greeter” is to welcome new members and help them to participate in IL. Towards that end, the “Greeter” will do the following
    • Respond to new comers first post (mostly in the Who am I? section) and make them welcome at IL.
    • Respond to any questions from new comers about the “How to” and “Where to” of IL.
    • Share some initial navigational tips and encourage them to participate in IL.
    Local Champions
    Is Mumbai the same as Melbourne? Is Boston the same as Berlin? No. Every region has its uniqueness and the discussions in each of the local forums should reflect that diversity. Through the “Local Champions” program, we would like individuals in a particular city (or state or country) to help generate and facilitate discussions that are relevant, useful and entertaining to the locals.

The main role of the “Local Champion” is to help build a vibrant sub-forum for her city (or state or country). Towards that end, the “Local Champion” will do the following
    • General forum upkeep
      • Delete SPAM, eliminate duplicate discussions, ensure proper thread title, move unrelated threads etc.
    • Encourage participation
      • Participate in existing threads, start new discussions etc.
    • Make members feel welcome
    • Build community membership (as much as possible)
    Requirements & Next Steps
    The requirements to be a “Greeter” or a “Local Champion” are pretty straightforward. Specifically, they
    • Should be at least a Junior member
    • Should participate in IL regularly (visit atleast once a day)
    • Should enjoy extending a helping hand
    Please private message me if you are interested. Look forward to your active community involvement. Thank you.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2007

2. Jey

Jey Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL'ites,

It gives me immense pleasure to announce the initial set of our "Greeters" and "Local Champions".
    • Shobanag - Greeter. In addition, she will also be helping with the "Money Matters" sub-forum
    • Ushakrishnan64 - Local Champion for "UAE". In addition, she will also be helping with the "Working Women" sub-forum
    • Jananikrithsan - Local Champion for "Tamilnadu"
    Please congratulate each of them as they take on these new roles within IL.

With time, we will be announcing more IL'ites who have expressed interest to play a larger role within IL. If you are interested in becoming a "Greeter" or a "Local Champion" or want to help out with a specific sub-forum, please private message me.

Shobana, Usha, Janani, Thank you very much for offering to get more involved and make a difference in IL. Your user titles have changed to reflect this new role. Also, you should now see a sub-forum called "Community Leaders Forum" as the last sub-forum in "Indusladies Central". Come on there and lets get started!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2007
  3. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Shobanag, Ushakrishnan64 & Jananikrithsan,

Thank you for extending your hands to help with additional activities in IL. Hope you will enjoy these new roles, come up with new ideas in these roles and make this place more welcoming (especially for the new IL ites).

Look forward to interacting more with all of you in your new roles.

Malathy

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Shobhana, Usha & Janani,
    I am very happy to know that you are taking on new responsibilities in I L . Since you three are warm & interactive, you will fit the bill very well.
    Congratulations & all the best.
    Let us all work together & make I L the one stop site for everyone ( I will no more say, ladies, particularly when VR & Cheeniya are highly valuable members here), in all walks of life !
    The best is yet to be.
    Love,
    Chithra.
    <xml id=yoombaxml></xml>

5. krishnaamma

krishnaamma Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Shobhana, Usha & Janani,

Congrats and Good Luck to you,:yes:

[​IMG]

6. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Dear Malathy, Chitra, Krishnamma,
    Thanks a ton for your good wishes.

Looking forward to interacting more with all of you.:-D

Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  7. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Chitvish, Malathy, Jey, Krishnaamma - really happy to participate in this. Looking forward to helping this community grow.

Shobana

8. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

Congratulations to Shobhana, Usha & Janani .

regards,

9. honeybee

honeybee Gold IL'ite

Shobanag, Ushakrishnan64, Jananikrithsan

Best wishes on your new role and Goodluck.

Regards
    Honeybee

10. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Best wishes to Shobanag, Ushakrishnan64, Jananikrithsan on ur new roles.