1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Iktafaki ya Iraadi? (Coincident or planned?)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Oct 8, 2015.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

We meet people everyday either in the real world or virtual world. Some people we connect right away for no reason. And some people we can't connect even having known them for years, again for no reason. Sometimes strangers help us out, again for no reason and sometimes the people we trust give us cold shoulders, again for no reason. Even in virtual world, where we may have not met the person, yet we like them or don't like them just by their thoughts or their style of writing.

Both in real world or virtual world, the likes or dislikes stays persistent for long. We just build an impression about the person and this image stays with us like a prism and all our following thoughts go through that prism. Very rare we change our opinion about others.

Even in celluloid world, where is no interaction, we carry the same differentiation. Some actors we like right away and some, even after watching their movies over the years, we don't like them. We carry this opinion even when we discuss the actor's real life with a third party.

The same differentiation happens to non-living things as well. Some places we connect right away and some places no matter how many times we visit, it doesn't feel good. Even things that we buy. Sometimes some things attract us in the first sight and sometimes even after much deliberation, we just reject them.

Recently, we saw a house in our area and my husband was very interested in buying the house. This would have been a second house. It made perfect financial sense, the floor plan was good, the house was beautiful but somehow i couldn't connect to the house. For some reason we got multiple opportunities to buy the house. The housing market is very strong and most house sell right away, yet their must have some linkage that we got the opportunity multiple times. We finally decided to let go the house.

So i am thinking, is all this coincidence or divinely planned? Do this happen due to unsettled equations of previous lives? Are we creating new equations which will require future birth for settling these equations? There is a great emphasis on attachments given by our saints. If we are creating new attachments or equations, how do we avoid that?

So is it coincidence or divinely planned?

8 people like this.
  2. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

Hi Akanksha1982, happy to meet you again, I am sailing in the sail boat, with the same thoughts. I don't know to which category I belong to u (like or dislike) but ready to show up my face with the very first feed back.

Even i have the similar thoughts. We have our house in our native place but its a very old one. my husband works in an IT company. living in my own house is my all time dream. we can't stay in our native place as my husband have to move to new places for every 3 or 4 years.

When ever we plan to buy house in the place which we are currently living surely with in a month or twice we would be moving to another place. getting adjusted there and knowing the apt place takes some time for us to settle . when we feel little settled we find other place inviting us. Just two months back we found a nice plot and we are about to take it almost decided. the very next day my husband was informed that he will be transferred to another place.:bonk:bang

so i think fate works more than finance

3. indoc

indoc Gold IL'ite

4. twinklingstar

twinklingstar Gold IL'ite

akshansha i believe unsettles last birth equation is the ans. and i strongly believe in that.

BTW is u see my signature u will get the ansgigglingsmiley

but this is so true that some unknown person helps us and i believe them as god angel who he has send for us good karma. and for bad people again karma back...

it is all upon individual that what they believe and experience.

5. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

@akansha1982

Nice write up. Every one come across such a phase of wondering whether it is our destiny or coincidence. Our Spiritual beliefs hold strong reasons, and am sure you must be well versed :). For an atheist, it is coincidence and for the theist, it is destiny or planned.

6. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Akanskha,
    It happens to all of us at some points. Why we like some and so so with some, both in real and in virtual world...I can never understand. They may also be feeling about us in the same. Same with places and every turning point of life. We plan and plan but do the exact opposite when the time comes. Why? We do not know. May be beacuse of some impressions created in the mind unknowingly? May be. Mindset? May be or may not. Past life, rebirth, spiritual beliefs....I am not sure. Destiny...may be yes. Take life as it comes and move on. That's what we can do and we are doing that only.

7. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Aks,

A different yet thought provoking post from you :)

The Q's you have posed are relevant and sure all of us have encountered them at various stages of life. From my perspective, being a spiritual person as well a believer of super natural things would say, a lot of things are predetermined and predestined. Whether it's marriage, career,house etc. Sometimes when things don't work the way we have planned we worry but unknowingly the same could work when we least expect. So situations and circumstances can change but I believe bigger and primary instances are all predefined. Every individual is unlike the other, matter of choices and perceptions whether it's coincidental or divine.

8. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

It is true that we knowingly or unknowingly form some impressions good/bad about person,place or thing.Time makes change our opinion, ego prevents us from changing our opinion.When the necessity arises to form an impartial opinion we struggle to erase the old images.
    two artists were shortlisted to be selected as 'artists' in the palace.both of them were made to sit opposite each other with a screen in between.Both were given blank boards and all painting materials.
    After two hours. The king went to A.He had drawn a natural scenery, trees, a brook, a cloudy season with the formation of a beautiful rainbow.
    the king was very much impressed and he gave many awards.

Then the king went near B.He was totally surprised.He has drawn exactly the same image as that of A with sides reversed.There was a screen in between. No body had removed the screen earlier.He went near the paining.B had not drawn any painting.His board was blank.But he has cleaned the board so well with so much efforts that it it sparkled
    and reflected all the minute details of A's drawings.
    Naturally B was the winner.

When our mind is crystal clear and free from prejudiced ideas it can capture truth.

Jayasala 42

9. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Akanksha, I am a believer. I believe in powers beyond us. What they are, I cannot say. That being as it is, the possibilities that arise to me are:

1. Karma from previous lifetimes to be fulfilled. So maybe we are reincarnated together in different situations and relationships to work off the karma - good or bad. Here I am referring to relationships between individuals known and unknown.

2. Maybe the person reminds us of someone else for some reason, even if only subliminally and we without realizing that take an instant like or dislike and wonder about it. It might be a very rational reason.

3. As for places, there may be energies which vibe well with our own personal energies or may not. That might influence our dislikes or likes.

It may be any reason or all reasons. We can only conjecture.

However, not all likes or dislikes are permanent. We do change our minds sometimes when we come closer to the person or visit a place more often and get to know more about them.

1 person likes this.
  10. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Aks,

Yes, what u say happens with most of us, me too. Many i lites i have not met, but seem good, and most of the times i am not wrong, my sixth sense tells me what is good and what is not.

So u let go of the house eh ! Well maybe it was not destined for u.

Regards

kamal