1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

ideas on making a model on SUN-EARTH ROTATION N REVOLUTION

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by priyasudhakar, Jan 30, 2014.

1. priyasudhakar

priyasudhakar Gold IL'ite

hi friends,

i need some ideas to make model to explain the rotation n revolution of earth, please share your ideas.

1 person likes this.

2. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Depends on your need.

Small light can be fixed inside a yellow plastic ball to show it as sun. Motor can be used to rotate and revolve the earth.

How simple you need matters!

1 person likes this.
  3. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

I have an idea, if you don't mind, you can try this. But this is simple one, no need motor or electric connections. This is mostly for kids.

Buy two plastics balls, one big size yellow color (say sun), another green color small ball (say earth). Now take a stitching needle, attach a thread like how we stitch clothes. Now take the Yellow ball, push hard the needle all the way to inside the ball, now hold the thread, needle will not come back. Same way take another stitching needle do it with small green ball.

Now you should be able to hold the Yellow (sun) and Green (ball) with threads. Take long stick, tie the balls at each end. Ask your kid to take it to school.

This is mainly for small standard kids, this is more than enough for them to understand Earth Rotation and Revolution.

2 people like this.
  4. priyasudhakar

thx for ur reply, i need it very simple, any ideas?

5. priyasudhakar

i cant catch up your idea, can you explain me again please....

6. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

Hello Priyasudhakar,
    The one I explained above is very simple one, Ok to make it clear I will try to explain in more detail.
    You need to buy two plastic balls, one big one (consider that as SUN), the another plastic ball should be smaller than the first one (say that as Earth).

Dont worry about color of the ball, if you get white one, we can color it.

Now the main idea is you have to hang the balls with the thread, we cannot tie the ball with thread, it cannot withhold. So, take stitching thread and a needle, insert the thread into needle (like how we prepare for hand stitching). Take the first ball, push the needle all the way fully inside, make sure the full needle goes in. Then now hold the thread, I am sure needle will not come back. So, now you can hold the first ball (SUN) with the thread, keep it aside.

Same way do it with other ball (small ball say Earth), with another stitching needle. So now you should be able to hold the balls with thread.

No take a long stick. Tie the threads in the stick at each end. One end the Big ball will be hanging, other end the small ball will be hanging. So, it is the simplest way we can explain to kids.

1 person likes this.
  7. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

8. priyasudhakar

hi Marun,

thx for your link.

9. vjan29

vjan29 Platinum IL'ite

In the Youtube link it looks everything is animation. Are you able to create Sun and Earth in a simple way?