1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

[I]Maika[I] ..(Mother's house)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Feb 6, 2012.

1. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

What a lovely write up. :thumbsup

[​IMG]

:rotflI never like to loose my originality so continuing that good work keeping myself and my mother engaged even over phone!

Though I never gone for frequent visits to Maika though I happened to live for some time in the same city, for me it means I have more freedom, no restrictions, chances to meet relatives, lot more things to discuss, laugh at silly jokes (here no one pass a wit :bonkso I watch all the comedy serials in SAB & comedy scences in regional languages), enjoy, togetherness and a goodtime! When I see my SIL coming twice a year to her 'maika' (our house) this 'Malaika' used to long for hers to happen atleast for once in a year or two.

[​IMG] .....Its been now few years since I had been to my mother's place! Eagerly looking forward to one... i am now all nostalgic...yes as satchi said, me too don't get that feel as my father is no more ..whenever I go, he takes my bag from my hand, make me sit in a comfortable place, makes his special coffee for me (which I insisted and loved right from my childhood days).....same way while I leave, he comes till the gate to send me off with lots of routine parting adivises (be careful, call after you reach...so on). Finding it difficult to see my mom as she is not yet fully recovered from the depression after my father passed away..... hm....

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi
    Nice to see you back:)... So atlast you grew up ehh:hide:
    Nice to read about your maika trip. You are right and well said....
    However old we get we still are kids when we go to our mom's place and the pampering that we get from all is so sweet.....
    But still that is nice for a few days as that will refreshes you with your daily routine later my home is always my home na...
    I still remember that yummy coffee of your mom:)

Hmmm looking forward for my maika trip soon this week:)

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

and u forgot one more thing, that in this new home in Banglore u have so many I lite friends too eh! So that is o ne postivie thing, nahin ? it must be feeling so nice to meet the i lites and it is like meeting school friends, friendship just for the sake of freindship, no other movitives involved eh !

Same when i go to my mom's house, in mumbai, i cant call it maika can i ? HAHA. She serves me what i like, poor thing, she is veg, but goes and buys all the fishes etc, and makes them with her loving hands, and i cant tell u, it is better feeling and tasting than the most expensive restaurant int he world, and then sitting and talking with her , i am again a kid.

Superb post, as good as it can be.god bless u.

Regards

kamal

4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thanks Bhargs :)

I grab every faintest trigger.......
    very true, so many small things bring back those cherished childhood memories...

"

I am typing this feedback, listening to " Babul ki duayen leti ja" from "neel kamal".....:

haahh very apt....do you choose and listen to music as per the post you are replying to????

3 people like this.
  5. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thanks Aparna....:) Hope I brought back some lovely memories :)

6. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

I am typing this feedback, listening to " Babul ki duayen leti ja" from "neel kamal".....:

haahh very apt....do you choose and listen to music as per the post you are replying to????

It was your lovely post, that triggered me to go and listen that song.......:)...though it brought tears in my eyes....the combo effect of your lovely post and that sweet song was too good.....:thumbsup:-)

7. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabi,

I want to say more and for a change I do feel tongue tied.

hahah though reasons for the same may be different it gives me great pleasure to read that Sabi, for thats the effect nearly every post of yours has on me.

thank you for those best wishes:cheers

1 person likes this.
  8. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi
    What a beautiful write up....No place on earth like poranthahum(Maike).

9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thanks Sushma, Do have a lovely trip and I sincerely hope that you get to spend some happy time with your parents too.:cheers

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

My dear Viji,

After you came back from Bangalore I was waiting to read your new thread.

You sure made my day with that statement.it feels so nice to come back anytime to IL and pour down my thoughts and the icing on the cake is always when someone appreciates it. so thanks again.:)

so glad to know that it brought back happy memories for you too:cheers