1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I had a dream!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you Prana for your very sweet words - you bring a smile :) I was surprised too...with the floating flower and orchids! Really!

2. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha, good one Sabitha :) It is never easy to travel light, especially when you travel once a while and might not be able to go back for another few months/years. I do not over pack, but would not miss carrying a lot of unwanted stuff for 'just in case' reasons. Things like an array of meds(most would come back unopened), things which I think I might not be able to buy there, but hardly use during my stay there etc. There are also things that I foresee that I might need during an so called 'emergency' - extra sets of dresses, shoes, accessories etc, which will never be even taken out of the suit case. I would rather be well (extra)equipped than be short handed :rotfl

3. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Sabitha,

Like all NRIs who dream of traveling light to India, I have done my share of daydreaming about boarding a plane with chic, fashionable luggage but my reality has somehow always been bulging suitcases that rip on the way to the airport. :)

You dream of fragrant Orchids too? As one who puts some stock in to the saying 'Your dreams are a window to your soul', I will have to say that you have a very beautiful mind and soul. The best dream that I can claim to have had is a bowl of steaming sambar vada from Saravana Bhavan. What does that tell you about my soul? :)

Seriously, a beautiful post Sabitha.

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

There you go! You summed it all up so well navs!!

Thank you for your response - it was a delight!

5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

agreed, agreed and agreed Meena. Now imagine our plight for travel with in US - from lugging these suitcases to packing mininmum or end up paying for lugging around. Is there ever a win win for us?

Going by the same saying you have quoted Meena I would call you a simple beautiful soul :) Thank you for your wonderful words.

It is such a joy to have you back and that too with a feedback to my post!!

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hey sabi,

I have just returned from India and with 3 suitcases filled to the brim. both dd and my mom were sure that I would pay for overweight this time and kept cribbing "why does she carry so many things to eat..as if we dont get anything there" but the seasoned traveller that I have now become, I just chose to ignore their remarks..:) and of course the first thing that I checked up on arriving home was my curry leaves plant..so fresh and green the leaves looked ..thanked my neighbour with some of the goodies that I had carried all the way.

7. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Travelling with just 4 suitcases is a nightmare for me...coz travelling light doesnt exist in my dictionary :) but those feather and orchids are awwwwww...inducing. I always associate feathers with angels and orchids ofcourse are beautiful... your description of your dream is so warm, gentle and beautiful.... makes me want to have one of those dreams too :p

8. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Welcome back Mindi and now you make my mouth water!! Hope you had a wonderful time!
    There you go! Thank you for that assurance. Now I will not hesitate to take those suitcases!

enjoy your goodies and think of me while you do so....may be some will reach here :)

9. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

ha ha Sumitha! Then simply enjoy your suitcases and have sweet dreams of carrying them!

Thank you Sumitha.....