1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I dedicate this to all DILs.

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by kishoremommy, Jan 2, 2012.

1. kishoremommy

kishoremommy Platinum IL'ite

Let me share this to you.

Yesterday,I was reading an article in a magazine about tamilians in Srilanka.I was so angry and told "Why this Sonia Gandhi is doing like this?She wants all the Tamils in Srilanka to be killed for her husband's death planned by a few Tamils.Did she forget that Indira Gandhi was killed by a Sikh ?She is having a Sikh as prime minister."

My mom immediately replied "Come on.Rajiv is her husband and she wants revenge.Indira is her mother in law .She wants to thank Sikh community".

:rotfl

Let us post some real life jokes we enjoyed.

17 people like this.

2. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

haha..nice one

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

That's a good one Kishoremommy. Will need to think to bring out some funny ones from that black hole called my memory. :-D

1 person likes this.
  4. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hahha that was a good one from your mommy, kishoremommy.:)

I agree with you. nothing like humour in real life. while we are still in the subject of MILs and DIls I couldn't help remembering my late MIL whose sense of humour I just loved.

she used to be diabetic and i used to give her insulin injections bUt i was only 21 then and too scared of injections myself so used to fumble a lot while giving it to her. she used to smile and say" come on now, this is your chance to take revenge on me if you are angry with me.jab to your hearts content.":)

7 people like this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Ha ha ha...how can that not bring out a laugh kishoremommy!! Your mom certainly has a sense of humor and I will remember this 'joke' for a long time :)

1 person likes this.
  6. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl:rotfl
    That was a good one!:thumbsup
    Had a hearty laugh!
    Thanks for sharing...

1 person likes this.
  7. kishoremommy

When I think about real life humour,another incident pops in my mind.

Some 7 years before we invited my DH's friend to our house for dinner.They are friends from college.He is a father in church and also in a head position.

Being born and brought up in a joint family in a small town,I always hesitated to socialize.My DH usually encourages me to talk boldly.(Now,he is suffering for that and is asking me to leave some gap between my lectures).

When dinner was going on ,as a first attempt to socialize,I started to converse with the guest.

My very first question was "How many kids do you have?".

Seeing the shocked expression on the guest's face,I deciphered like this "My god.He must be childless.What a wrong question to start with?".

I shot my next question.

"Haven't you got married yet?".

My DH who was glowering at me came to his rescue saying,"Catholic Father's don't marry."

After a few weeks when we were at our family friend's place ,my DH was making fun of me narrating this incident.Amidst all the humiliation,I started defending myself .

"What's wrong in my question?It is a common thing to ask."

My DH replied "There's nothing wrong on your part.Since I am calling him 'Father' ,you inclined to ask him 'father of how many children'.".

Our friend's family had a hearty laugh.Of course,me too.

5 people like this.
  8. marulamuniya

marulamuniya Gold IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
    cool ones kishoremommy :coffee
    Had a good laugh..specially at the Indira gandhi one..

1 person likes this.
  9. kishoremommy

Thanks,marulamuniya,kkrish,srama,mindian,sushmavja and satchitananda.

Humors happening in real life may not bring out big laughter like magazine jokes ,but it remains fresh in our mind and brings out a smile in our face whenever we think about them.

This one happened in my college days.Our English lecturer asked each of us to select a topic ourselves and talk for a few minutes without any preparation.When my turn came ,I talked about fashion TV.At that time,internet was not common in every household and a channel broadcasting semi nude models 24 hours stirred opposition in many people.

I told "This fashion TV spoils teenage kids.They are sitting in front of this channel and are watching some stupid girls walking to and fro ,dressed in some stupid dress.Government should take steps to ban this channel".

A fellow student stood up and told 'But,the government has already banned F TV".

I told "No,no.Even I watched it yesterday".

That's all.Everybody including my lecturer were laughing.

I told ,"No,I didn't mean it.I saw my cousins watching that channel.".

But nobody listened and were busy laughing.

Imagine my condition.I sat silently in my place blushing.

5 people like this.
  10. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl
    Very funny incidents..Enjoyed reading them

1 person likes this.