1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I behind the curtain!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Ibehindcurtain, Jan 28, 2012.

1. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

IBC,
    You must disagree and refute my conclusions if it doesn't hold true to your situation. My thoughts are because of two reasons...the first was from the limited information in your initial posts...and secondly I work with people with disabilities...and I do see a lot of couples struggle because they get into the relationship for the wrong reason. Having said that, I do agree that it doesn't automatically hold true in your case.

The reason I brought up the feelings of resentment, etc...say you decide to continue to room and board together...in an ideal world you can be completely removed from any interaction. It will be very difficult in practice. How you interact and counteract will depend on underlying behavior patterns your husband has...and you need to protect yourself against those.

Plus, if you put it out here, I would want to figure out what your reasons are to stay in the same house...besides financial reasons. It is logical to wonder if you are afraid of the first step or about what others would say...I would be more concerned about personal safety...bruises and such are bearable (!) but it can lead to more reprehensible behavior which will threaten your life. What about your children then?

Do see a counselor...network with people in the immediate environment so you can turn to them in case of emergency...online help is only the first step...even if you take time to decide on long term measures, do take measures to be safe in the short term.

1 person likes this.
  2. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

How does he interact with the children? Right, like anything happening to you will not affect 'his' kids!

3. Ibehindcurtain

Ibehindcurtain Senior IL'ite

Thank you dear Teacher. I salute you for choosing the noble service. I have been also a volunteer for the Blinds for so many years. My students loved me a lot. They wanted me to learn Braille script but then after we moved here. Being what I am makes me feel cripple to some extent. But am trying to look after myself. I believe in the God too and I always tell myself that "I and God can solve any problem".

4. Ibehindcurtain

He behaves well with the kids! Just before couple of moments he said to my daughter, "why dont you sleep with me and your brother?". (I and my daughter sleep in one room and my husband and my son sleep in other room. So he proposed my daughter to sleep with them.

5. Den

Den Bronze IL'ite

There are no simple solutions. Considering your long marriage there are so many aspects to consider. Your relatives, finances, children and yourself. Every marriage changes over the years due to external and internal factors (work, social enviroment, taking each other for granted etc) and very often our children are the glue that binds us together and most of our decisions revolve round them. You are your best judge. See your marriage over the past 17 years and forsee the next 17 years both with and without your husband then you will arrive at a better picture. Of late because of my marriage issues, I've had an insight into many marriages and not everything is so perfect but decisions are made on circumstances. I wish you well and prayer helps.

1 person likes this.
  6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

OP:
    What age are you....36? 37? This is not a great age....you just got married earlier than some others. I will tell you: my dad who wanted a different life went to college at age 36 as a freshman, an Ivy League college, and graduated as a doctor at age 42. I tell you this to open your eyes.

It is sad to read about a woman who has endured an entire lifetime of abuse....I am including your parents here as someone has brainwashed you to be a doormat, someone has neglected your safety, your happiness, your life. Your husband is a typical wife abuser and you are jumping through every hoop, apologizing and taking his crap. When do you go to counselling?

1 person likes this.
  7. teacher

teacher Platinum IL'ite

IBC,

Get professional help...it will give you the clarity to understand his and your behaviors.

1 person likes this.
  8. Ibehindcurtain

Thank you Den

This thought gave me the new outlook of thinking. Thanks. It would certainly help.

9. Ibehindcurtain

Today is Monday. I would try my best today or maybe, I would try to go outside in the Housing center to see what help could I get from them. I would further go and see what kind of house is offered. His words yesterday prompted me to pack the bag with mine and my daugher's clothes in it. He saw the bag but did not say anything. I handed over the ornaments, he took it without saying a word. I really want to wait and document everything the debit and credit sides of what is happening. To be honest, I am still finding that I deeply love him and could not imagine my life without him but he does not say anything to me. He is quiet. I want him to say that "Dear, I am alive. How can you think of leaving me? Where would you go? Do you know it is not easy to live outside? I want him to tell me that okay, if you are going, that is okay, but do remember that I love you. You have been always important to me.

I want him to speak something today.

10. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

Since you have outbursted after 17 years of marriage which means you have tolerated enough and reached a saturated point, when you have courage to start afresh totally from scratch, I guess that could be a better move.

However before you decide, take you time, pen down pros and cons of starting your life with 2 children afresh in India, if you find less of disadvantages (especially financal support) then you move to live independent will be a better option than living in hell.

It is not that you would be doing good to your children by living with your DH by just sacrificing, as your father pointed out he has educated you which will come handy to earn something for yourself and of course bring your children better though not living in heaven, but atleast out of hell.

Take your time and think for yourself in silence and also seek help from the almighty to direct you. Best wishes

1 person likes this.