1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I am happy. Is it wrong ?

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by swarnalata.N.S., Jan 31, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Swarna dear nice post and whatever you have written, you have written well and it shows you are happy with whatever you have. We should have inner happiness and that you have. The fbs itself show that you are a nice person and be happy always. God bless you

sindmani and swarnalata.N.S. like this.
  2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

yes.. you are a happy soul.. dont listen to others..

If you are happy from inside out.. you need not worry about that.. its completely fine...

And yes. we should have some plans & ambitions.. but that should come within.. not for other to know.. ultimately these ambitions & plans when realised we will be happy.. without all that you are happy right now.. Whats wrong in that...

and also your post also shows that... you are really loving the people in your life and the things you do with all your heart.. so you are happy. .. for being happy you need to have any reason to justify it to others.

and sometimes.. i do feel happy for smallest things.. for the full moon and upon watching the beautiful sky.. these things gives us happines as simple as that

And finally i felt happy after reading your post.. Thanks for bringing out this...

2 people like this.
  3. kelly1966

kelly1966 Platinum IL'ite

hi Swarna.. the happy soul..
    happiness is so relative... you finding it in small day to day things in life and others craving for the non achievable goals...
    its funny but if you nag your hubby for this and that and stress him people say you are demanding and if you accept life as it comes and are content with what you have people say you are turning complacent..:spin:spin
    i think its best to be the way YOU are and care a toss for the rest :thumbsup
    K

1 person likes this.
  4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Swarna
    How come the grumpy me missed this delightful thread? If anyone needs drilling into his head about what constitutes happiness, it is me! And you have done it so beautifully and effectively that I am amazed that people are looking for happiness outside when it is within them all the time!

The adulatory FBs that you have received are just an expression of gratitude from us all that you have given us the essence of happiness through few simple and elegant words.
    Sri

5. swarnalata.N.S.

swarnalata.N.S. Platinum IL'ite

Dear Everyone

Thank you to ALL OF YOU, EVERYONE OF YOU, for spending time to read and say such nice comments about my post. You all made me so happy. And actually reading all the praise and all, I even feel embarrassed. Like, I am not a saint,Not Mata Swarnanandamayi who has found the Great Truth !

I too become upset, become unhappy, angry, frustarted everything . But what I do is try to get rid of that mood very fast because I dont like pulling a long face . I will not hold on my unhappiness mood and keep petting it . Because that gives me indigestion only , no other use. Being pleasant is much more comfortable and light.

Everybody here has agreed that happiness is inside only, it wont come from outside . All people know that. Still why most people continue holding unhappy moods I dont know. Yes, I have also read that little story of the person saying "no need to do study, work, earn money to be happy. i am already happy " . And you know, the title given to that story was "The Happy Moron" ! LOL !

Some great person said " You cant change Destiny. You can change your attitude". My attitude I think came from my grandmother who only brought me up . She always use to say, all unhappiness is coming only from big expectations. You expect things to be this way, but it will be other way, so expectation becomes disappointment and that is great unhappiness . She also always told that the World has no duty to entertain us and keep us happy, so we better look after our happiness ourself !

See even here, for this post I was thinking ok maybe three-four people will reply. Thats all I get in other sections. When I saw 22 FBs I am so thrilled . Now suppose if I was sitting here expecting 50 FBs. , that same number 22 will be giving me unhappines no ?

Once again, thank you everybody for being so sweet to me, you have all really made me very happy and i am greatful to all of you.

sindmani, iman, shyamala1234 and 3 others like this.
  6. rheaa

rheaa Silver IL'ite

Swarnalatha, wonderful thoughts from you. Even I think expectations is one of the main reasons for sadness. According to me, it is both ways. Like, if I 'expect' my husband to give me surprises often and he doesn't, I will be upset. Similarly, if I know that my husband is 'expecting' me to succeed in a job interview.....I am more worried about if I will be able to reach his expectation rather than think clearly how to do it without failing!

1 person likes this.
  7. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Dear Swarna,

Looks like you have stumbled on to the secret recipe for happiness - contentment. While the rest of us constantly keep sniffing for this elusive pot of gold in the world around us, you hit the jackpot right inside the four walls of your home. In my opinion, that makes you the richest person alive. I loved the simplicity and the disarming honesty of your narration. Lovely post Swarna!

sindmani, iman and swarnalata.N.S. like this.
  8. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

that was such a cute post Swarna..wishing you this happiness always:)

Now that you have entered Snippets maybe you could write a book on "how to be happy with the simplest of things " next?
    You know, nowadays such topics are hot sellers ???:) I am sure it will be a great success.

1 person likes this.
  9. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Swarna,

The pursuit of happiness drives a lot of people out there frustrated!

Blessed are those who realize what keeps them happy. You have not only realized it but also enjoying every moment of this blissful state. When you wake up in the morning and for no reason have a smile on your face that disperses as bursts of laughs throughout the day while talking to neighbors, colleagues and friends and fades with contentment that today was another beautiful day just like yesterday - isn't that living life to the fullest?

Lovely snippet! 'Is it wrong?' - Erm..the last time I checked the periodical from 'School of Metaphilosophy' they were in search of such subject from whom they can learn the secret of happiness..:queen. The only thing wrong is not having shared this with us for such a long time..:2thumbsup:

1 person likes this.
  10. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

No! You make me jealous though! Nice post!

1 person likes this.