1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband wants to be Talkative and Improve Sense of Humor

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by akshaya452, Jul 26, 2013.

1. akshaya452

akshaya452 Silver IL'ite

Hai All,
    I have a loving and caring husband who is creative and hardworking. The only problem with him is, He is less talkative at times and can’t add much humor to his talks. I never had a problem with that , but i did find him trying to find something on Google related to TALKATIVENESS.

Later on I was able to sneak in to his Google Web history ( i know his gmail password). I saw that he did a lot of search on “ Improving Talkativeness ” and “ Sense of Humor “ . I would like to Help him in this regard and would like to guide him to improve his talking skills and would love to see him joking with neighbors and friends. I believe this will help My DH a lot in his social life.

Whenever I need a help a I look in to IndusLadies site. Here I am again looking for your help. Your help is highly appreciate. Friends, please pour in your ideas.

2. navyar

navyar Gold IL'ite

Don't get me wrong.

Did he ask you for help? If not, please don't offer it.

Unsolicited help can do damage and send wrong signals that you are not happy with his nature and he might feel pressurized in achieving his change.

He is trying by himself ... let him do it in his own time.

Every now and then, tell him that you are observing some positive change in him. Tell him that he has improved a lot in talking skills. I am sure he would be extremely happy to hear such feedback from you and will try more to improve himself.

7 people like this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Agree with Navyar. Listen to him when he talks and join in enthusiastically.Laugh at his jokes and tell a few yourself. don't make him self conscious.

2 people like this.
  4. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

Fantastic reply, esp. after reading a lot of IL posts, some of which makes one pull their hair :)
    This is a great reply navyar

1 person likes this.
  5. akshaya452

akshaya452 Silver IL'ite

Thank you for your reply , I know he is not looking for help . He may be feeling shy or low to ask me. It becomes my responsibility to cover him as a spouse .

I am looking for some sort of help and input. Any thoughts and inputs are highly appreciated. If you can boost me with some ideas that would be really great.

6. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

I don't go with navyar,

I hope in a couple there is no question of help comes .We should be able to understand him or her by their gestures. Before a thought emanates well understood couples act before that. So he need not come forward for her help and ask. Its good akshaya u have understood him better and acting and trying to make him comfortable. Good going girl. Other IL replies might have helped u I guess.....

7. breeze01

breeze01 Platinum IL'ite

my husband was like that in the beginning, he was so silent i use to get bored at times, then its me who was talking all the time. now he improved alot.if he doesnt talk much then you make him talk.. you can do it. first i think you need to make him feel comfortable its not that you are making him uncomfortable but when you talk you need to assure him that its okay to talk,tell him its only me talk something.and other side you can ask him lot of questions i hope he doesnt get angry/upset like some men do. when you keep asking this and that he will try to explain,talk about that eventually he will try to improve.

8. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

Liked ur reply....

1 person likes this.
  9. akshaya452

akshaya452 Silver IL'ite

Thanks a lot for the valuable input breeze01