1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband very typical.horrible married life.

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by needhappylife, Dec 25, 2013.

1. needhappylife

needhappylife Junior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

Not sure where to start and what exactly to start..Sorry for the very long post,please bear with me and provide your suggestions improvise the marriage.
    Brief abt me, married for 4.6 yrs & have 2.9 yr old DD,works in MNC india last 8.6 yrs.very well educated with excellent academics. am 29 and H is in 32.I have either inlaws or parents to look after my kid.we earn same sal.
    My H is very typical guy,till now have not seen like him.
    1) this is actual issue,he is very close to one of his ex-female colleague, they used to i think they still chat when I am nt around.she calls my H as daddy,even I saw
    their few chats,nthing wrong words in it.she got close to him by sharing her problems with my H, hers is love marriage,her parents didn't accept,her H has some old love affair,some huge financial problems, she don't have any one to share and she found my H like her daddy's nature, started sharing..and she asked my H not share with anyone ,not even with me also as ppl think bad abt her husband. her H is gud but he was in contact with his ex-GF for few months intially just mails/chats nthing more than that..I got to knw from H very recently after 3 yrs after very huge horrible fights.still we have horrible huge fights..it goes very bad extent.If I see messgae from her, my blood boils, I start behaving very differntly immediately out of my control during that time.I can't bear her chats even GM also..I hate her to an extent.even I informed her that, we were having fights still she continues but felt reduced.even her husband knows abt tehir chats,also tht I don't like they both doing chatting, but he says itseems he has trust on his W and also my H.my H likes her I mean he has soft corner..I got very horrible CID brain, I try to see his emails,mesgs,chat history,calls log, but he deletes everything due to my nagging behaviour.I am fine, if he chats once in while, but why daily updates. :( ..I tried to talk with my husband, no se at all..tried mnay times last three years still same I feel (due to my suspicious nature). I am not able to change my behaviour also..since last 3 years, I am having hoorible life due to this. her entire family close to us but nowadays I stopped talking with her completly.For every 3 days, we will have fight bcoz of her. If I chat with him, I get a feeling that,he might be doing with her like this etc etc.. He lies just to avoid fights,if i get to know truth later, again I will start fight.same story happening since last 3 years. We have good sex life as well..

My H, trusts me very well, i do have male frends but I talk occasionally, he won't check my mails/chats anything.

2) recently been to onsite for short term where I been to frends place, I saw 3 couples, they show their love every much, I felt like,why my life is like this,
    H hardly speaks by himself, even I ask also he syas hmm,Ok etc.he don't like to take photos,never put hands while taking photos, hardly i have photograps,never helps in kitchen,i may sound childish but i feel he won't show his at all.If I aks him, he says, if i take photos, if I call by sweet names then only u think love is there.
    I know he is correct but we expect right few times.one incident, last new yr, we were taking all teh couples(frends) photos,everyone putting their hands,holding their wifes, only I am left out, I felt like odd man out..atlast, his frend mentioned, arey baba, put hand, we don't feel in funny way then he had kept..like this i have numerous incidents, not only photos everything..hardly talks general things..he is like this only since his chidlhood i guess, even his mother complains, he won't speak much, will ask hw they are but yea he take care of their financials everything.he never takes me anyhwere for birthday,never give gifts,never celebrates,no cake,no surprise parties nothing..he won't call me with lovely nothing I cans ay..I feel he is a big jerk.he never express his love.

Finance side, I have full freedom, we both manage everything and also he will tell me even he draw 1000 rs also..we are very transparent on this part, I can buy
    whatever I want as long as we have money. my Husband drinks regularly I can say once in a week for sure (after he drunk, he talks with me nicely for few min and goes to bed), I hate drinking initially but now gt adjusted :( as no choice left out.I want him to reduce the frequency this habit but he won't. He loves my DD also very much.

I have only one life, want to enjoy my life with my husband like other couple but my behaves with me like 18th century guy when it comes to me.I feel jealous when I see other couples.why my life left like this. Try to speak with him many times but no use. his heart is like big rock when it comes to me only..he won't care for my feelings at all I feel.

So ladies, please suggest me to improvise my marriage. all these things runs in my mind always..What I should do.please pour thoughts. sorry for long post, not sure what I have written bcoz I was crying while writing this.

2. needhappylife

Please provide ur suggestions guys...

3. Littlebirdie

Littlebirdie Senior IL'ite

Have little trust in your H. Marriage doesn't means that your life partner has to leave all his old friends. Even you must be having male friends?
    I would only suggest you to change your CID nature!
    sorry if I M sounding very rude to you.

4. needhappylife

She came into picture after marriage only. I am trying to change my nature but he breaks it by lying something..before she came into our life's, I used believe him very blindly...even he knows tht....any more suggestions please

5. RedRuby

RedRuby Platinum IL'ite

Im just trying to recollect what i understood, she is ex-colleague, both families are in contact but they startet to become close after your marriage. How it comes the families know each other? Im not sure wether it is an emotional affair or just friendship actually, but what i clearly dislike is the fact that he is lying to you. Please rethink how it used to be in the beginning and when you realised you dont like them talking / chatting that much. Did you have a difficult time then? Is your hubby sharing with her too? I mean to say if he is more talkative towards her then to you it is a clear problem. Does he have other female friends with whom you are ok?

The fact that you informed her that your marriage is troubled due to her and she still didnt cut contact is not good. At least she reduced it seems. I disrespect women who talk behind the backs of other women to their husbands, period.

You can try to do the things from your side, take his hands, make romantic nights, go to restaurant, cook nice candle light dinner at home (his fav dishes), dont nag about what you want, show him how nice those moments are and make him enjoy the time with you. Maybe she is easy peasy and he can be hero by solvin /listening to her probs.. try to give him success moments in your marriage, things that make him feel he is a good husband and apreciated /valued.

Try to react more cool when it comes to such situation, try to not fight.

Last but not least.... women often have a good nose for fishy things... you know best what your impression is, and what sort of talks they had as you read it (still its not really good to break trust and privacy by secretly checking...)

(honestly? my first thought was, why she is so important that he puts marriage under stress to keep contact... and why she has no other friends to share)

Just my :my2cents hope i could help you bit. All the best for you

5 people like this.
  6. needhappylife

Thanks for your reply RedRUby..she came into our life after marriage and husband invited her family for dinner so we came to know like that..and they also got close as they worked in same office, she started sharing her problems.
    still she has some huge financial problems,my husband won't help, just listens,console whatever.no support for her from her parents..my husband is not talktive very much with her but he interested in chatting thts for sure..earlier he never used to chat, he got the this habit from her..

I also have similar thoughts like you..atleast when we got know from person who is suffering she shud stop but stil continues that I don't like but not sure who continues..husband also have fault in it..nothing continues without two sides.
    I hate females who try flirt with other married men.she calls daddy daddy...and chats are also nthing wrong words but bit closeness in calling each other like hw we call sister and brother. I feel daily chatting/calls is not required whatever problem it is. god only can help in this.

moment I see, i start asking him immediately which is my fault. I also used to talk with her earlier, been many times to her house though I fought with my husband bcoz of her.Sometimes I feel she plays double game may be bcoz I hate her or actually whether she does that..god knows.

since last 1 yr I stopped talking, I don't have access to his SMS bcoz he deletes due to my nagging/fighting nature he says..

Now onwards, I am planning to stop nagging, I will not check his mobile/mail whatever.I will concentrate on my looks,career and my life. let me be happy with myself. let me enjoy myself. Why I should bother unnecessiarly..I will do atleast this for 3 months and see if any change comes up in my husband..weakness of mine, I love my husband verymuch more than myself and he knows that..

5 people like this.
  7. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

A very good decision. That is the way of the world. The more one is happy and contented, the more others want to be with you.
    While you wait and watch for 3 months, here are some things to think about - you have either in-laws or parents to help with your kid. That is one major responsibility taken care of and you have the peace of mind that your kid is in good hands. But, the con of that luxury is that you and your husband lose some of the bonding that happens when a husband and wife themselves take care of the child after working hours. The constant presence of others in the house also eats into the quality and quantity of the time you both spend with each other.

You say sex life is good. So, for your husband this is how things are - has a kid he loves, parents or in-laws to take care of kid, wife, wife earns as much as him, wife loves him a lot, good sex life, and the little extra of being an emotional support for an ex-colleague. The only small buggy thing is that wife cribs about contact with ex-colleague and lack of romance or expressiveness. Will he change? Does he have reason to change? Think about it.

Try out your resolution for 3 months. Good Luck.

6 people like this.
  8. rose8282

rose8282 Platinum IL'ite

Since he likes chatting, why don't you chat with him? (Tell him that its for a change) I know it sounds funny, but you can give this a try. Tell him in the chat that it is you ( don't give surprises later) and just chat with him... Sometimes these chats can be really enjoyable since you discover things about each other. If he doesnt chat with you, Don't compare with that lady as to why he is chatting with her and not you... This will lead to problems. Some men might find it interesting to chat but some may find it stupid to chat with own wife. No harm in trying once. If he asks you why, dont ever ever mention that he chats with her, that's why you wanted to try. Just make up some excuse like you are bored and thought of this idea after watching a movie.

Some men/women are not expressive while talking but words flow out while chatting/ writing.

2 people like this.
  9. needhappylife

Thanks for ur suggestion Rihana!!!
    Agree with you..he has everything why he will change..but what to do..Atleast he will be happy if I stop nagging him and he may stop his chat and he may stop lying..just hoping. It is very tough for me to change my nature as well..I need to put lot of effort.let me see how it goes. Please suggest if I can do better any other way..

10. needhappylife

Ha ha Good one..he don't like chatting , i think he like chatting with her may be additicted to her chatting might be :(..even I chat with him when I was away like onsite,away from ofc but those very routine I feel, like whatsup,had fud,where r u etc etc..