1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband thinks I'm a drama queen

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by IndoCadWife, Jul 10, 2015.

1. IndoCadWife

IndoCadWife New IL'ite

My husband thinks that I'm a drama queen..I have a son and run after him Every time , keep doing household chores with no help in Canada..I'm like maid and robot who is never sick..but whenever I have back and foot pain, he says I'm a drama queen and doesn't understand my pain. How to tell him that I'm not a drama queen and how to get his respect?

2. sangeethakripa

sangeethakripa Gold IL'ite

Hi

Does he share your work? Else ask him to. When he says that, without getting annoyed assign him a few of your toughest task to him and ask him to complete it with a smiling face.

Apart from this take healthy food, nap and if possible help of a maid. You could try engaging your kid in a play school so you could spend some time for you. This phase is passing clouds, you could come over it. But try taking the help of people around you.

1 person likes this.
  3. Iamagoodgirl

Iamagoodgirl Platinum IL'ite

op are you continuously frustrated?tired etc?
    op you need to see how women in canada manage household chores and kids.

4. swt.charu

swt.charu Platinum IL'ite

OP... the details in the post is too less to offer any suggessions..

A lot depends on how you communicate and convey the messages and the body language...this matters even with your near and dear ones...

5. songbird46

songbird46 Gold IL'ite

Most men have no understanding of a woman's pain. No point in explaining it either. Also, we give a lot of details/long description. The more we try to explain, the more bored they are and we sense it & explain more & harder! whaatsmiley

And then, our voices are high...getting higher as we grow more frustrated with his inability to understand & empathize. Sometimes I found myself doing a Jerry mouse squeak!:rotfl

The thing is, we need to change the way we communicate. So lower your voice, tell him in 2 simple sentences (or better still text him : it removes the emotion from it & u can edit it if it's too long.) DON'T expect or wait for his response.

"My back & feet hurt. Take care of son. Your food is on the table. Please don't disturb me." And then let him get on with it. Everyone will survive while u rest.

If you are in a lot of pain & need his help, give polite but clear short sharp commands. "Please bring this, do that. Don't put it there. Please help me with.... And thanks a lot."

And I'm sorry if he's unsympathetic. It hurts, especially if HE is a drama queen when not well. But your best bet is to ignore it. Give it back with interest though...preferably with humour.
    "Yup, your headache is worse than my migraine/period/burnt hand when cooking."bie1

If he's tough I pity you.

I had a colleague whose hubby told her that there is no such thing as morning sickness... :confused2:

And in a lot of IL threads you will find stories like yours. So decide now how you are going to tackle it.
    All the best. friendssmiley

2 people like this.
  6. SadMarried

SadMarried Silver IL'ite

dear OP , i agree with songbird46 , dont get hurt when he calls you a drama queen. I posted something similar . Mine also doesnt understand when i say im in pain , he would comment saying you are always on pain or something similar, haven't used the word drama queen yet but close to that.

So just rest when you are unwell and leave everything to him. Men cant see and sense if we are unwell , so we have to say it loud and ask for things we need when not well. Do that.