1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Husband thinks celebrating Vday is too kiddish !

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by abc00, Feb 14, 2012.

1. abcdguy

abcdguy Silver IL'ite

Hearing your story only makes me realize how absolutely amazing I am. I am extremely romantic, and moderately practical.

ABCDGUY

2. cj1980

cj1980 Gold IL'ite

oh come on now! After coming here to the U.S. I am pleasantly surprised at how well-knit families are and how V-day can be celebrated without any pink chaddi campaigns and other controversies! I think it is unfair to call everything a 'western imposition' and to make outlandish claims that foreigners think of their parents only once a year! Let's just choose to celebrate or not celebrate based on our personal preferences...and not because it's not a part of "our culture" and must therefore be avoided like the plague.

2 people like this.
  3. shambu

shambu Silver IL'ite

[JUSTIFY]even i think it is kiddish...

if you want to celebrate, what else could be better than your Wedding Anniversary? Just recollecting all that happened before & after marriage & enjoying with DH gives me pleasure rather than this V day...

Most importantly, to recollect how grand was the wedding, how many people attended, the humour part of the wedding & including the confusions that took place, the embarrassments...

May be some of us would have thought that some of the invitees would not come for marriage, but they would have attended our wedding to our surprise, both on your side & your DH's side... some of the memories that comes along with your marriage... to share with DH is great...

In fact, my DH & I would also count on how many blessings we received from our elders...., some of them couldn't make it to our wedding.. so we went to their place & took their blessings... just recollecting how their faces were glowing on seeing the couple... & going thro' our marriage photos & videos... something amazing...

& of course, the honeymoon..

I think that's the day to celebrate, for, both of us were involved rather than this V day....

I want to cherish those moments every year....

I also enjoy preparing a new meal on that day for my DH...

[/JUSTIFY]

2 people like this.
  4. SallyR

SallyR Silver IL'ite

Ushae, I'm sure you're not the only one to hold such view about western countries but I can say from experience that the truth is far from it. They're people just like us...have the same sort of love and affection we have for our parents, children, etc.

2 people like this.
  5. abcd5

abcd5 Silver IL'ite

My husband also does not like 2 celebrate any day including birthday, vday etc. First two years were very disappointing. I fought with him and cried a lot. Nowadays I don't expect anything from him. He does not mind if I buy anything so I give present for myself on v day ,birthday, etc......lol

1 person likes this.
  6. shwetha12

shwetha12 Bronze IL'ite

My husband does not believe in V-day; so he does not like to receive gifts but feels happy if i wish him , cook him special etc.
    ie when i wish him he doesnot dissappoint me.

I like celebrating every moment when there is an occassion;therefore he gives me gifts/celebrates sometimes

This time our kid (5 yr)asked us gifts 4 v-day :); so we both brought him his favourites.

Daily craft work in school consists of sharing lot of love to families .
    so our kid gives us cards often ;
    though the kid loves parents everyday; we cherish those moments when he works hard to paint a greeting card for us.
    I feel extremely happy!!!

7. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

I prefer to celebrate special days in my life: our b'days, anniversaries, etc. Not much into these commercialized "special days" ;)

8. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

My husband does not believe in V Day celebrations either. Its not even about believing and not believing. He does not care, that is all. And like I said earlier, I normally do what I like. What I think would be nice. And this year he was quite pleasantly surprised with the gifts I got him and I made him buy dinner for us and spent a quiet evening at home. That is it..Finally its a win win situation.

Not cos its "Valentine's day", just cos its yet another day to show our love and appreciation for each other. It could be any other day of the year too. Even if its not in our culture, why not?? We don't say no to other stuff that we pick up from the western culture. Why this? Its all about doing what would make you happy. When, why or where and how is all secondary. When everyone is celebrating, why would I want to sit in a corner and mope and protest?? Might as well join in and have fun :)

1 person likes this.
  9. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    By going through the posts in this thread and others,it seems that women are more into this V-day stuff than the male category.i too do not believe in it,but if some ppl want to enjoy being together on this very particular day,nothing wrong in it.But to make it a point of conflict that why your wife or your husband does not believe in V-day is kiddish.