1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How you want your MIL to be?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by spuppala, Dec 21, 2011.

1. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

She should not poke in to personal matters of me and my hus.. she not be a money sucker of sons earnings all the time..she should be less interfering and not cunning..

2. Young@heart

Young@heart Silver IL'ite

I surely didnot mean her to be non-existent at all....i meant for her to be non-existent in my marital affairs:)

1 person likes this.
  3. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

I wish my MIL was kind and supportive to me when I was new to the family, should have answered my calls to get to know her better and form a relationship with her. Instead of trying to create rifts b/w husband and me by back-biting about me, by praising DH to his face, she should have put sincere efforts in just being there and acknowleding that though her son has married she will still remain his mom. In short, when love was given to her from me she rejected it. Now, I dont even care for what she thinks and dont have anything to speak to her. She also knows this and I just keep to myself and my work when she is around. I feel its better that way. Unfortunately, in the long run, she has grown apart form her own son and dil.. all in an attempt to gain her place in her son's life. Ironically, in this relationship alone, the more I went after her trying to win her love, I have been pushed away. Now, I dont even try that hard and she doesnt complain as much..or maybe i dont care.. Puzzling but thats the fact in my case.

1 person likes this.
  4. nayasmi

nayasmi New IL'ite

Hello all,

Nice to see so many comments on MIL. Every daughter in law wants her MIL to be as a role model like her mom, and this happens only when they accept and treat her like the daughter and vice versa. The treat and the respect should go in both the ways. But many a times because of this drift, the Indian community still lags and has lots of Saas Bahu stories whereas in the western arena, I have seen the relationship going more smoothly and lovingly and hoping that when the generations come ahead of us, this relationship will be much more fruit-going like Mom and Daughter :)

5. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

good thread...i wish she would behave like a normal human being and treat me like one. nothing special here.

6. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

7. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much Mrudhani...

You are very much lucky for me....yeah...i am pregnant by 50 days...
    just escaped from one torture....
    now...she is telling that it is there custom to get get the mother's head tonsured along with the kids....she keeps remaining this...every now and then...
    my head is spinning...will she ever leave me happy....not even able to enjoy my pregnancy....becoz of this lady....

8. SUBHAARCHIE

SUBHAARCHIE Gold IL'ite

yes..mybaby1,

i will surely stick on to my decision....of not following such a stupid thing....

9. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

I wish if my MIL could stop her over-thinking (which leads to negative thoughts) and over-talking (she feels she knows everything being so experienced and she has to interfere in all we do)!! These two things are the root cause of the differences between us and all the issues which lead to conflicts in the house!! If she changes these two irritating habits of hers, things can be fine between us!! But I think its my wishful thinking, she wont change.. :(

10. Roopasparsh

Roopasparsh Bronze IL'ite

Sorry to interfere.. but you know what tell her" Go have a walk.. in my custom the paternal grand mom gets her head tonsured so please do it"

2 people like this.