How you all who are living abroad deal with homesickness???

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Yumna, Feb 22, 2012.

1. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Girl, this is a new phase in your life and any change in life takes time to adjust. Give yourself some time to analyse and assess if crying is doing any good to you. If it does, cry for a while (like venting) and then start afresh. The world looks beautiful around only if you chose to see it that way.Else everything is just plain black and white. When i was in the same place, i took it as an opportunity to overcome that phase and grow up as a strong woman. Those days no internet, no easy phone calls, no skype etc. Thanks to technology now you can use it in a good way to keep in touch.

Scheduling of worries. Google for this and you will get more info on that. Precisely, fix up a day/time of the week for your worries exclusively. Worry as much as you want to in this time. This may sound silly but it really works. Once the time is over, you SHOULD move on.

Get up every morning with a positive note that the day will be good or bad as you make it. Start with listening to good music,slokas etc or whatever makes you happy.Count your blessings.

Good luck.

2. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Friends for your nice responses.
    I would like to share with you something,we had been living in South America for few years and i was working full time,but still i could not make my self to adjust there and came out of homesickness.I was really miserable.Then i came back India and did not go back.Thankfully my Hubby understood that why i am not able to adjust myself there,so finally he resigned from his job and moved to Saudi Arabia,just because i wanted so and most likely i would be there in a month.And as i had already mentioned before that he has almost warned me that if i will be crying every other day...:hide:...!!! I am really afraid.
    I have a daughter who is 2.4,i really love my husband and want us to live together as a happy family.Because of you all friends here,now i am trying to make myself understand that i am not the only one who is or will be living away from her family.when you all can manage,why not I.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2012
    3 people like this.
  3. Nettem

Nettem New IL'ite

4. Yumna

Yumna Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Nettem.