1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how to teach slokas for children for 2.5yr old

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by gsupraja, Oct 5, 2010.

1. gsupraja

gsupraja New IL'ite

hi
    i teach slokas for her i tell one word at a time she repeats it correctly
    she doesnt want to join and tell
    how to teach them
    i am in nj
    pls help
    she tells some rhymes

2. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Supraja, we started slokas as a routine.. like when I put him to sleep, I keep singing/ reciting slokas.. short ones.. and then during our one-one sessions I recite one line at a time and he repeats it. I have seen one word and repeating never gels well.. meaning the child sees it as a word only so I felt he doesnt get the continuity.. so I did line by line.. pick up short slokas.. those 4 liners.. Slokakids this link will help you revist some popular slokas.. this link has some of the easiest too.. at this age they will like virtual learning.. so you could introduce slokas through this site.

3. revathib

revathib Bronze IL'ite

hi supraja,

I appreciate for your efforts...

Just 2 cents, dont expect them to repeat immediately, u just keep on saying for a week or month it becomes a routinue for them to hear so when u start and stop, i am sure she will receite on her own.

Slogakids website is also a good idea. Do try it.

Revathi

4. Sumaticg

Sumaticg Senior IL'ite

Hi supriya

All r rite, reinforcement will really help. Now my DD is 23 months she started telling 1 words when she was 13 months. She will usually sit in my MIL lap and hear all slokas she recites during pooja now she tells almost all small slokas and i made it like a routine to recite every evening. So do that. Now she tell at 6pm amma pooja room sloka , namaskarma and in the end i give her prasadam.

5. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

thats true, dont worry if your kid is not repeating.. dont force her to repeat.. all thru my pregnancy and the first year of DS, I used to sing 'sashti kavasam' while putting him to sleep.. when he started talking, he quickly started singing the first 3 - 4 paragraphs at ease.. that particular sloka we never made him repeat.. it is only because he has heard it n number of times.

6. Shilpak2303

Shilpak2303 Senior IL'ite

Been singing Ramraksha/ atharvashirsha/ ganpati stotra/ om jai jagdish to DS at sleeptime since birth . One fine day I realised that he could say 60% of ganpatistotra ! He also knows parts of other shlokas. He is 3 yrs old.

Stotras has positive vibrations and also help in diction as well as memory.
    Pls carry on your effort. All the best

7. bsushma

bsushma New IL'ite

Daily during sleeping time, i will spend 10min of time in telling slokas to my 4 years daughter. Dont force them to repeat the sentence or so, just read out slokas slowly with clear prononucation . One day, you try to mis-spell the word or sentence and tell them i forgot sentence-definletely for sure they will tell correctly.

I started with GURUBRAHMA sloka first. Now it went on big list that she recites herself when i do pooja.

Thanks,
    Sushma