How To Teach Myself To Play Bansuri?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by ChennaiExpress, Jun 11, 2016.

1. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I wish to create lovely music as hobby. Same way I paint as hobby.

Bansuri us bamboo flute Lord Krishna played.

How to teach myself to play Bansuri? I wish to start off small to determine if I am genuinely interested.

How often should I practice? Once a week, few times a week?

And how long should I oractice? 15 minutes? 1 hour?

Here is an article I found but I wish to know more, Bansuri Flute: BEGINNERS: HOW TO PLAY THE BANSURI

2. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

Ok, I believe I figured out the answer

Listen to your heart. God is in your heart, listen to what it wants you to play. With that in mind

1. Purchase professional type Bansuri. You must think of yourself as professional/expert when you start

2. Familiarize yourself with the Bansuri. See how to blow it so it makes sound. Practice holding it properly in your hands. Spend few days, weeks, etc doing this.

3. Practice Sa Re Ga Me Pa Dha Ni Sa for days, weeks, etc

4. Follow your heart, i.e. listen to your intuition, what God is telling you. Slowly slowly learn to play simple tunes, then go with the flow.

Practice each day for an hour.

Before making any purchase, get your body, mind, spirit ready for self-teaching (actually, you are listening to God-Almighty).

Websites insist to get a good teacher. That's dandy if you are living in India, but if you are overseas, the teachers may not be perfect, may have not be passionate and simply want to make $$$.

But, before undertaking this spiritual journey, first finish other responsibilities, such as continuing education for work. This task will build you up in body, mind, and spirit.

Hope my self-answer helps someone!