1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

How To Stitch Churidhar - patiala salwar?

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by redha, Nov 4, 2008.

1. nutty

nutty New IL'ite

Re: plain salwar but with unique pleating at the back of salwar

oh so its 3 panel can u please tell me how to draft, cut, sew the 3 panel i dont know how to do the three panel i only know how to do the 4 panel and how to do the pleats wid the buttons, i would be very grateful, i seen so many people wear it and it soo so elegants

Ive uploaded the picture, so u will have a better understanding of what am talking about.

p.s cloud please also tel me how to fold on material, if you cloud provide diagrams to aid understanding

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2010
  2. Anisah

Anisah New IL'ite

Re: Need help to sticth a salwar kameez

Hi,welcome
    i was very much in your shoes a few years back, what i did was i baught very cheap material (so not too much disappointment if a bit shabby), then i pulled out a kameez which fitted nicely, simple without zips or laces ect. ..

then...
    *turn garment inside out
    *lay material folded into a rectangle so there are 2 layers. pin.
    *lay your kameez on top, line upthe straight verticle part wit the unfolded edges of material,remember you will cut material half an inch away from garment.
    *start cutting the two layers( body peices)from the bottom.-ONLY ONE SIDE right or left.starting from the staight bottom, up to arm holes, then HALFWAY accross the top where the neck will be... 1/2 an inch bigger than garment remember
    *then take away the kammeez, take the top layer of material and fold so you have a guide to cut other side, mesure shoulders and bottom line to make sure its the write width before you cut.

now you should have the two body peices - lets do the arms, same teqnique.
    *this time one arm at a time *have the material folded in half * place the fold of the arm on top of the fold of matirial
    *1/2 inch away from arm cut the curve, then the long straight, then the cuff.
    *now you have one arm, use this as a template to cut other arm.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2010
  3. deepanair

deepanair Senior IL'ite

Newbie- baby frock switching

Hi all,

I am an expectant mommy and a newbie to switching. I am planning to make a baby frock/ dress with some simple design. Any pointers on how to go about it would be great! tips are welcome including what sewing machine, pattern, fabric etc

take care

Deepa

4. sabarimathi

sabarimathi Gold IL'ite

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  5. nutty

nutty New IL'ite

Re: plain salwar but with unique pleating at the back of salwar

can no-one help with this design

6. bt10

bt10 New IL'ite

how to cut A LINE kameez

hello,
    can n e 1 help me withe pateern to how to cut aline kameez with bodice for my daughter for her birthday...any pattern help would be really grateful

7. artvani

artvani Platinum IL'ite

Re: how to cut A LINE kameez

I have posted instructions for drafting" A" line kurthi in my blog Vani's blog 1 : A line Kurthi .Difference between kameez and kurthi is in its length. use the same draft and increase its length.You will get the draft fot A line kameez.I hope it will be of some use to you.

8. nutty

nutty New IL'ite

frock style churidar suit

hi i was wondering if these dress are made using Anarkali top with panels flaring from the bust line draft, if not than cloud someone help me with this design, how da draft is made. The dress has about 10 panels on the front and 10 panels on the back.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 17, 2010
  9. Crazylearner

Crazylearner New IL'ite

Princess line Blouse cut

Can anyone pls provide me the princess blouse paper cutting and measurements.

10. mintinal

mintinal New IL'ite

drafting of simple kameez

Hi all,

I am minal from pune. I am doing fashion designing and I wanted to know how to draft simple kameez and A-line kameez. Please help me. I really need this for my sister in law

I hope u guys will help me.

Regards,

Minal