1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to sterilise milk bottle while travelling

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by venviji, Nov 27, 2012.

1. venviji

venviji New IL'ite

Hi,

We will be travelling to Shirdi for a few days in December. I have two 2.3 year old boys. They still have the habit of drinking milk thru a bottle before sleeping. And the days they dont eat well, they cry for milk in the middle of the night. I am not sure how I can manage this considering that we have to sterilise bottles.

Is there a way i could manage in terms of avoiding the bottle or sterilising?

And also please suggest the kind of food i could give them during the entire trip.

Thanks,
    Viji

2. krishlakshmi

krishlakshmi Silver IL'ite

Re: Need ideas!

You can avoid bottles this may leads to another big challenges i can say better you can hold hold extra bottles(Not sure how many days of journey for you).Usually i used to carry extra bottles and electrical kettle.If there any chances of plugging the kettle say in train/RAILWAY STATION/resting place I do it and wash the bottle with the hot water.

1 person likes this.
  3. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

I feel you must carry the bottles as the kids are too young.. once they have habit of something you can't stop it suddenly.. They may cry during night time for their bottles. Take 2bottles for each kid. Carry bottle cleaning detergent which is specially made for babies.. Using this detergent you dont have to sterilize the bottle. Clean the bottles using that detergent liquid after every use. i traveled and stayed in hotels for 15 days a few times and i did same. Dont worry this is the best ways to clean and provide for the kids need.. you are going to visit baba... leave all worries for baba now.

1 person likes this.
  4. venviji

venviji New IL'ite

Thanks Padma. Will try your suggestion. :)

5. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Can you please let me know the name of the detergent and if it is available in India too?

6. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Venviji, here in the US, we have some disposable bottles available, which are like a single use thing. I am pretty sure they must be available in India too. I used them when I traveled with my daughter to India for the first time.

If not, like padma has suggested, use a mild detergent and carry a flask with really hot water. After washing with detergent, just rinse the bottle with the hot water and you should be good :)