How to manage work and baby? Confused. Please help

Discussion in 'Post Pregnancy Care' started by cutiepie66, Sep 8, 2014.

1. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

I delivered a baby on july 9th thro c section. I have to join back work on sep 23. I have work from home option. I don't have any other work like cooking nd stuff. Will I be able to manage work and baby. My baby s bit cranky. Expects me to hold her on my shoulders. Will I be able to manage?

Also does baby carrier bag helps?

2. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Get up and ready before the baby wakes up. Concentrate on baby till you give bath etc. Get her used to some soothing music and some toys.

Ensure you work near the baby if no one else is looking after.
    If you're using cloths diapers, ensure you are alert to it and change immediately.

Schedule breaks to give baby milk etc - dont answer calls during this time.

In fact, ask your office if you could make any calls yourself, and they should just sms or whatsapp, but be sincere in calling as soon as you can :)

As long as you complete what you need to complete at office, your baby can be your priority, so relax and have some me-time.

Baby carrier is for carrying outside - but you can use for temporary relief if baby is comfortable!

I think your baby is cranky and makes you hold because of some stomach upset, check out what you're eating and what kind of outside milk/formula you're giving baby!
    Check the time baby usually gets cranky, and schedule unimportant work or less intensive work or no work at that time :)

1 person likes this.
  3. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

Thanks a lot for your suggestion. Kinda relieved now. Will try as u said.

4. preethiitech

preethiitech Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

cutiepie,

You should be able to manage as the baby is only 2+ months old now. The difficult part will set in when baby starts to crawl.. then it might be difficult!

For now, be at peace, you can work from home as baby will have 2-3 day time naps. Work smart and work quickly during those times, and other times keep baby entertained with small toys and stuff. NO TV! Take care

2 people like this.
  5. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

Hi

My situation and birth dates is very close to you. I joined office today but WFH and not doing much today. I can not sleep at nights thinking how would I balance. My baby is 2+months and my mother is helping us till baby is 3months.

When she is gone, we will have 2 day/week day-care provider for her for which i am very nervous. I am so so nervous and guilt filled about leaving 3months in day-care that i can not sleep well.

My DH is not ready to keep baby at home 5 days with us and one of us WFH. After much arguments, we agreed on 2-days at daycare,3 days with both of us WFH, considering my baby is not 1-person job.
    Though I am ready to take the chance having her at home with each of us WFH couple days.
    I know its difficult to work and baby at home . But I would like to know your experience 'cutiepie' how it went and also if anyone else did the same.

Mine is sofware developer job. I also thought about having nanny at home.
    Any suggestions ?

6. cutiepie66

cutiepie66 Gold IL'ite

@sanjuruby - I have not yet started working and I will be starting only next week. Instead of leaving her in day care, hire a nanny and let her take care of the baby in ur presence. So that you can breastfeed her and the nanny can take care of the baby. You can also work without tension when she s taking care of the baby.