1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to make kids eat fruits?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by srilatharajesh, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Nithyagirl

Nithyagirl Bronze IL'ite

Hi Srilatha,

Have you tried giving her fresh juices? And you should develop the habit of eating fruits in front of your kid and praise the taste. Ask your husband to tell "Hey please give me one". Then you should say "No no this is only for my darling" and give it to her. Surely she will eat with pleasure. Hope you are ready for little little dramas:)

Cheers,
    Nithya

1 person likes this.
  2. coolblues

coolblues Platinum IL'ite

Make her read books, show her shows on television or computer as to how beneficial it is to eat fruits. Am sure she is too old to look at fruit rhyme cds... Make a fruit feast by involving all the members of your family to eat different type of fruits. Show her how much you love eating fruits. Children look up to elders of the family for all matters.

3. Socialbee

Socialbee Silver IL'ite

Try some milkmaid syrup over it. May be she will like it :)

1 person likes this.
  4. hetha

hetha Bronze IL'ite

hi,
    I suggest you, to cut the fruit of her most favourite into small cubes. Just sprinkle white pepper and salt. To change the taste alternatively along with the above mentioned you can either add few drops of lime juice or honey. This is good also and defenetily she will like this. each time you can't try with ice cream which is not only unhealthy but you might face practical difficulty also.

5. Madheshan

Madheshan New IL'ite

You can make her eat fruits by either making fruit salad or by mixing it with her favourite ice cream.
    You can also make yummy fruit juices - like black grapes, apple, orange, banana [just mix ice cream, milk and banana].....

6. srilatharajesh

srilatharajesh Silver IL'ite

thanx for all ur innovative ideas.

the problem starts with her father as he doesnt take fruits at all.

but due to my compulsion he started to take fruit juices and that too very few fruits.
    if any of u know how to make fruit salad with custard and milk pls let me know.

7. krishvish

krishvish New IL'ite

Hi,

See first we, the parents eat before them then only they will started eating. I think eating habits also come from heredity since my mom doesnt like bananas in the same way me too and now my son also. Then to make my son to eat all the fruits what i will do is first myself and my husabd eat daily one fruit and while eating them we will say the benefits of that fruit. For example if iam eating Pomegranate i will say i will get more iron today, i wont look pale my skin glow bla bla... (dont say lies once they grow they will find out). It is not a single day process do it for a year surely they will started eating slowly. While giving dont give them too much not even a full banana give them 1/2 like that.

Never say any negative thing like i dont like this fruit since it smells odd or not sweety like that.

regards
    Sharu

8. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

Try any fruit (other than the one you have forced your kids...may be new one that he has not tried)....sprinkle some sugar powder (make it not visible...since you dont want this to be habit)...you can try
    Some icecream treat on top of fruit salad will distract kids.
    keep telling postive information about fruits...tell him..eating fruits will get you lots of energy...you can run fast in track (if he likes sports) or play good in cricket or whatever kids fav activitiy...relate to it...
    I always tell my daughter(pre teen)...fruits is fibrous..and no pimples will come..magic??? fruit plate will be empty right away...

9. subakutty

subakutty Platinum IL'ite

Hi

Have you tried these? soak some dates for two to three hours and grind nicely, in a pan add grind dates, and some chocolates (one or two) instead of chocolates you can add honey and let it be in stove for two to three mins (it should be like paste), in a greased plate pour it and after cooling cut it and keep in fridge. tell them it is chocolate, they will like

to make kids eat fruits.. cut some fruits in small pieces (pomegranate, apple, mango, seedless grapes like that whatever you have) in a bowl. you can also pour the dates and honey paste (given above) on this and also one tablespoon of ice cream on it, they will like.

You know i did it with my cousin sister and cousin brother who is 6 and 8 years old. they started to ask again and again.

10. vijaya1982

vijaya1982 Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am also facing the same problem with my 4 yrs old son. Now I started giving him fruit salad with custard.

To prepare this,

Say 3 cups of milk and boil it for a while and sugar to milk. Take 2 tablespoons of custard powder add cool milk r water to it and make like thin paste. When sugar dissolves in the milk add custard paste slowly and mix it properly so that no lumps are formed.

Cool this mixture, while you cut apple, pears, plums, banana, grapes and pomogranate. When the mixture is completely cooled, add fruits to eat. If climate is hot you can serve this chill otherwise at room temperature in winter is fine. Hope this will help.

Yes, add soaked and peeled Almond peices to enhance taste and health as well.

vijaya