1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Handle Mil's Immetured Mind During Pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Reesha, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

Hi Il's,

After long time, again i got situation where i required you people support and suggestions. Last time, with your support i handled my life bit better way after my first pregnancy 4 yr ago. now again, i am planing to have 2nd kid.

In between i achieved a super woman character as IT devloper and as mother(with 3 servents observed by In laws:flushed:. what to do:cryingcat: they are in after my entry. i kept silent to get my time). but the biggest mistake i have done during pregnancy is taking a mental stress due to double game of MIL(she uttered allot about first DIL with with my family & uttered allot about me with their family. please go through my previous posts to know story), and & co-sisters revenge plan. Because of early age & immaturity by that time i have taken that stress and got admitted in ICU for 15 days. Still that episodes effecting my kids health as sevior Atopic dermatise(Its true. several Doctors confirmed it is one of major reason, if kid's early generation having even with simple eczma). my 4 yr old not sleeping at least 3 hr/night from 3 yr. his skin is always fractured with multiples scratches and dried dark skin with dry face and dark skinned innocent smile which some time make us cry our selves.

we are doing at most care with help of care takers and my self along with DH. but as it is chronical disese, it will require lot of food restrictions & lot more care. I earned my job with lot of hard work. i love my career actually.

ok let me come to the point. from past 1 year My original plan was, during 2nd preganacy, i planned to have a remote job(i love my work. so...) and can enjoy my second baby and can take care eczma son with ayurvedic treatment(It require lot of efforts specially food restrictions and medicine usage). so i earned nice salaried remote job as expected with my talent. Usally when i am at home continuously more then 3 days, either they go out of house to their elder sons(we are same city right now), or me will be out of house. I avoided 99% time to stay close with MIL. because i can not bare her immature talks which are all time negative talking. even in weekends, simply i taken care my kids and go out for other small works, and will stay at my room only most of time. never ever want to face her. only will do formal communication like had lunch?had dinner? how my son spent for that day at home? that's it.

I expected that if my in laws knows that i am going to stay at home, then surely they will move to their elder sons house(they are also both employed & have teen kids). so while i am in planning of resign my regular job, suddenly got a news that my co-sister & DH's elder brother are moving to foreign country in next few months.(after that hurtful incident, we dont have communication with them directly. only my in laws are interchanging most important information between two families). so now there is no chance to my In -laws to get out of my house at any cost . they are going to stay with us only. This thrown me in to dilemma, will i go ahead with previous plan or need to change?:confused:

NOTE: MY DH is useless(help less) guy in case of In-laws. he is also negative minded guy who can not understand sensitivity of pregnancy and girl feeling. he is selfish. he always thinks wether i am cooking tasty food for him or not. wont care how i am sleep less with eczma baby at nights, how hard to wake up at morning how hard to maintain stress with out sleep time as a IT woman. i don't have any feelings about him now. running in life on my own.

actually my current employer is so cool, because i made process changes at organization level by taking issues to CEO and CTO directly with at most Dareness. So it is employee friendly as of now. I earned good impression from higher management as initiate and as performer. but parallely i have eczma baby & very far house:weary:(2.5 hr in traffic) which i dont want to take extra stress again during my pregnancy. even though i like my current employer, i mold my self to leave it for 2nd healthy kid. but again my MIL going to stay with me only to initiate & improve my frustration levels. will i need to go with regular job(office) or go with remote job(at home)? please help me.:sconf::worship2: in a week i need to decide & need to confirm my remote employer.

2. Sweety82

Sweety82 Gold IL'ite

If u don't have any complications then u can drop ur kid in day care or school, go for regular job till u r 6 or 7 months. Or u can ignore ur mils talk and be at home with a remote job. First situation, u will have to strain physically. But for second u have to get strained mentally. I think u can be at home, taking care of you, ignoring ur MIL. Because ur health is more important now. Just continue keeping a distance with her and enjoy urself . Change ur room positively by hearing melodious songs and playing with ur kid. Go to ur friends house if u have nearby and have some good time. Because if u go to regular office, u can ignore ur MIL but u cannot be relaxed in health. U always say u feel tired and indirectly make her understand that, so that she may not disturb you all the time.

nakshatra1 likes this.
  3. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

You are willing to go through a 2.5 hr commute because of the IL’s? Assign a room in your home as your office, give clear instructions to MIL that these are work hours and you cannot give tadka to the dal or make chai for her during those hours. Lock yourself up in the room ( with a bag of chips and fruits ;)) and focus on your work. I assume your child goes to daycare / school so the only interactions with MIL will be when you step outside your “home office”.
    Good luck with the pregnancy.

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

You have other priorities than stressing yourself about your MIL.

2.5 hrs commute (one way???) would be tough during the first and third trimester.
    Sleepless nights can aggravate your health conditions; thus pregnancy even though your MIL is super nice.
    Your useless H (sorry, quoting from your thread only) can add fuel to the fire. Unless he is supportive and understanding, it is very difficult to plan for a second kid, while your first one needs more attention + other various problems like (work, commute, sleepless nights etc).
    MIL and her immaturity adds on only after this point. Of course her influence can further damage your pregnancy/health.

If I were you, I would not plan for a second baby unless my H become affectionate, supportive and useful to me. If he could bear at least 30% of the day today struggle that I face today, then I can think of adding one more responsibility under my shoulder.

See whether your H can take care of your older son, specially at nights by attending to his health conditions etc. If he can accept sleepless nights with the older one, then you have the needful sleep and rest for the second one you carry.
    See whether your transport can be shorten? So that your kid in your tummy won't feel inconvenience.

I assume by now, you have developed some think skin and the maturity either to ignore your MIL or give it back when necessary... But not to play victim to her dramasl

sindmani, shri0218 and Dishaa like this.
  5. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

Really 2.5 hour journey with pregnancy !! I think that is too extreme step to take to avoid MIL...:confounded:
    I feel you are suddenly getting stressed due to sudden news and one week deadline. If you calm down and think coolly you will realist the answer to your dilemma. I've never been mother but this much I know one should not take this kind of physical stress during pregnancy. Every doc will advise against that.

As for MIL, just ignore - you can still avoid her by being in the house. During pregnancy act as a queen don't listen to MIL if she doesn't have anything nice to say.Your mind health comes first.

But main issue is your husband . I hope atleast he will love the kids otherwise why bring second kid and make him/her suffer. If he is so immature only concerned in food and not for child, do you think you should have another child with such a irresponsible father?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  6. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

Hi SGBV & Nakshatar1,

total journey is 2.5 hr minimum.

I can understand frustration which supposed to have in my mind. I left all expectations from him. Because he sticked to his mind that nothing shouldn't bother his previous plans & parents. he will not listen to his parents as well. Instead of fighting with him, its better to calm.because he is getting Mad and doing self harm if i raise my voice. It's a psychiatric disease which he & his mother had by birth. So i left him from my thoughts.

coming to second kid, it is my decision because i want girl child(don't know gods decision) and a blood relation for my first kid. I am just using husband for sperm purpose, other than else no usage of him. i am not caring him now actually. i am not cooking and not caring him now. all are out sourced to servants. even just a 2/3 times giving cofee to him in a month. i am making my self busy. He had very frustration in that case. but i dont want to take extra works just because of his feelings, because he did not give priority to my feelings in past. Our each other views are always conflicts. he is also suffering sleep issue due to first kid as we are in same room. he is kind of energy less person to handle multiple tasks like us.

7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I am sorry, but looks like you have got all the wrong reasons to have a second kid. Perhaps, wrong timing too.
    I am not sure how beneficial is this to you or the older kid or the to-be-born kid?

It is great to have many children, and siblings are always a blessing too.
    But these blessings may bring so much suffering if they are not here for the right reasons.

If I were you, I wouldn't dare to bring a second kid at this state of mind, because my negativity at some point might pass on to the child in my womb.
    You seem to be so much negative about your spouse, in laws, BIL & Co-sis (and I know you are negative about them for the right reasons, so I am not blaming you here).
    Nevertheless, at this mental stage, do you think you can be calm, peaceful, happy and energetic to grow a tiny bean in your tummy?
    Provided that you have an older kid with so much demands, and no helps.

Besides, you claim your older child has an issue, which makes everyone at home restless now. And you think, it is because of your pregnancy struggle of that time.
    Looks like nothing has changed since then. The same in laws, same husband, same you... and in addition, added up duties as you have an active and demanding older kid.
    Do you think your second pregnancy will be peaceful around this time?
    If so, why take the risk of having a second kid with the same trouble? Just saying... but think about it.

Also, you say that your H and MIL has a particular psychiatric trouble. Is it genetic?
    If so, how safe your H's sperm (since you consider him only as a sperm donor) to give you a healthy kid?

If I were you, I would devote all my attention to my first born, who has a demanding problem. I will work so hard to make his life normal, and happy - which is not an easy job for a working woman, with no support.

But the above are just my priorities and I won't ask you to follow the same. Just think about it...

PS: I did not plan my first kid, but somehow God gave him at the peak of my marital problems. I suffered to near death experience with a kid and troubled marriage. I had no choice as the kid came to the world, and I had to look after him while handling other issues.
    But I decided not to bring any other kids until I settle down all my marital issues. I worked on settling my problems, and gain total control of my life in the next 2 years or so.
    Then only I planned my second kid.
    The second time around, everything related to my pregnancy, delivery and post delivery were blissful. I still cherish those moments.
    In fact, nothing else had changed in my life. My PILs and parents were the same, the finances were the same, health and logistics were the same too. But my H has changed. Our relationship has changed. The affection and bonding ruled out all the other practical issues.
    In fact, I stayed at home for the 1st pregnancy, but worked full time (that too travelling daily) during second time around. Obviously I must have been tired and sick too. But mentally, I had so much energy compared to the first time around.

Just think over it, and decide. You know better than us about your own situations and priorities. We discuss only what we read from your posts.

8. Reesha

Reesha Silver IL'ite

I agree with u. at "The affection and bonding ruled out all the other practical issues."

But making my life as per below line is seems to be impossible.
    I worked on settling my problems, and gain total control of my life in the next 2 years or so.

If he want to became affectionate towards me, i have to carry all more responsibilities as per his expectations like cooking tasty things on my own and serving to him with smile daily?
    having a big Pooja for every 2nd saturday?
    a working woman who manages house,kids same as house wife for all 365 days?
    its kind of old village mind set, where i need to take care iron of his cloths every week?
    am i need to stitch his pants as per his height?
    am i need to cook as per his mind expectation (with out telling procedure)?
    handling kid in mazical way in such a way that there is no sound of crying at any point of time for all 365days?3 yr old will be cranky at any point of time. that's common. is it my fault? how i can make him engage while i am busy with cooking? my kid calling every day morning after he woke up. so am i need to manage cooking or kid? It is big frustrating issue to husband because he is getting crancky voice instead of smooth morning music...

I am bit hard worker and got talented woman. I done lot of gard work before 26 yrs to get into this life. I earned nice profession with nice package with my hard work. I can earn more 5X amount with investment of X amount in a hour. i am investing on servants & enjoying my time(me time) with my kid and profession as per my dream. but he is expecting me to do fallow other ordinary home stayed woman who are doing normal chores while i am bit extraordinary. Why again i have to do hard work every day through out my remaining life for his Love which is coming because of my service but not of my charter and capabilities?

Finally, i tried lot of times to discuss/explain to him, that these are common scenarios of every parents like, we should bare it patiency but not with bitter feeling/sarrow. I assume every guy will listen at least first 3 sentences before getting anger. but my husband will get angry for first 2 words itself when i start conversation. It is imbalanced emotional issue & intolerance of others opinions. Am i have any other route with this temper guy, to improve my emotional bonding?(with out more works)

9. ranju5

ranju5 Silver IL'ite

10. ranju5

ranju5 Silver IL'ite

Reesha may be you could get tested for celiac for you and your little one. You might find that if you have or your
    child has a gluten allergy just opting out of wheat and wheat products will make a great difference to eczema and will also improve sleep pattern as well. You might find that just being in the moment will help with stress that is dont worry about things that dont need your attention in the present moment. Making lists of the things that worry you will reduce your mental stress and if possible do 5 to 10 minutes of mediation nothing complicated just keeping your attention on your breath will help. Try to eat fresh healthy food and check out this book it might help:
    https://www.amazon.in/Little-Book-S...15411075&sr=1-9&refinements=p_27:Meera+Sharma
    Also when things get too much pray and you will feel so much better and solutions will come. You dont have to sit down to perform lengthy rituals just praying to God/Goddess helps in other words talk to God like you would with your mother and see the difference. It will help. I will pray for you and if you need any more help just ask
    with love and light
    Ranju