1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to get rid of head lice

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by preeyamom, May 20, 2008.

1. vandannav

vandannav Senior IL'ite

hi

apply henna to hair, if it does not work for the first time
    apply it twice or thrice and see. it will definitely work.

vandannav

2. bujji_1522

bujji_1522 Silver IL'ite

hey you can try mediker if you can get it...also dont apply oil which has strong smell...it increases lice

3. Bagiya

Bagiya New IL'ite

I also had this problem untill last year. I used Ashwini Hair oil regularly. Over night i apply this oil and wash my hair the next day. I did this treatment twice a week. It really worked for me. Weekly once I washed my hair with Medikar shampoo.

I had this problem for many years, i regularly used Medikar but after sometime it will again start coming. So i tried using Ashwini hair oil regulary and washed my hair with Medikar for one month.After that till now it did not have this problem.It worked for my niece also.

I suggest you also try this.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2009
  4. cissyboo

cissyboo Silver IL'ite

My daughter had lice twice last summer. The first time I finally got rid of all the nits, then she brings new ones home from campRant! She is allergic to the chemicals in the OTC shampoos-hives and restricted breathing resulted from that instance. I spent a week using my nails and pulling the nits off her hair strands (thank goodness she has shorter hair, but it still took over an hour, 2x a day). The second round, I coated her hair with a dimethicone gel that smothered the bugs. Of course, I still had to pick the nits by hand.
    She gave me nits, too, never had them in all 35 years of life-my hair was long and wavy (I could sit on it), but I ended up having to cut it off to my ears-I couldn't get the nit comb through my hair without it breaking (either the hair or the comb would go). So I used the chemical stuff, had a friend who works at a salon cut my hair, and now I am trying to grow it back.
    I would definitely recommend the LiceMD gel (the dimethicone stuff) as it made it easier to get rid of my daughter's second batch. She hasn't had any since, but she is in fourth grade and the kids all have their own desks-no work groups.

5. orangepaint

orangepaint New IL'ite

I tried today hope it will work.

6. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Do you plait your hair or leave it open? If the hair is too long, cut till shoulders. If you don't want to keep your hair open, use a crocodile clip in the back-middle of your head to keep your hair together.

All my lice went away when I did this, although I did not cut my hair for this purpose.