How to find out my passion??

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by fencesitter, Jan 27, 2012.

1. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

I have a job in private sector which pays me decently. Job is not exactly stressful but i am just not enjoying it. Of late, i started hating it. I am in such a stage of life where i need to to take some hard decisions regarding my career/future. Too many ideas- like to change the job, to quit corp job and do something on my own, to study further full time!! Not able to think with clarity and unable to decide anything.And before taking any concrete decision i want to find out what is my real liking/passion? is there any way to figure that out? I never really had any passion about anything in life! so now i am just confused what i like?! So if anyone could help me here to discover my passion, i would be really grateful! Thanks.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

fencesitter,

check this link out Clifton StrengthsFinder - I donot know how to help you identify your passion but I do believe knowing your own strengths is a good first step towards steering your professional life based on that and will give you insights and your weaknesses will help you identify where you need to learn and grow. You can do the simple test onlie (you do pay for the access code and stuff like that) and they send you the results. I have taken it - I am not a professional but it was pretty accurate in not only identifying strenghts but also the weaknesses. I know others who have taken and it seems quite impressive. Options like you hve mentioned are plenty but it is a good idea to start with the knowledge of your self (not by what you think of yourself alone) and choose what works best for you!

On a lighter note, don't sit on that fence for too long....get down and shape your life the way you want it :) Best wishes.

And if you do take the strength finder - do let me know if it made sense!

1 person likes this.
  3. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot!! and the user name is more about my past!! Can not edit the name in IL i guess!

4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

No, you can not edit on IL...but I am sure you have edited your past :) ..... I do hope you realize that I am simply kidding about your name! Thank you for claryfying though!

Really, Best wishes in all sincerity!