1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to control the drinking habit of my DH and live peacefully?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Mantraa, Jun 18, 2012.

1. Mantraa

Mantraa New IL'ite

Hiiii Friends...........

Myself a married women having a sweet daughter of 1 year living with my in- laws and vry much disturbed because of my husband's drinking habits he is a big slave of wine

plz. guys help me out how can i convince him to drink less............he is a smoker also..............and irritates me a lot after drinking

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

How bad is the habit? If he is really addicted, may be enrolling him in a deaddiction programme - like Alcoholics anonymous - could be an option.

3. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

If u can't cure hium, join him! On a serious note, Satchi has given good advise and the other will also do so.

4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

:rotfl, Raji, if women were to start drinking because of unhappiness (like men claim they do), IL should have been full of drunken women. :-D

3 people like this.
  5. satin

satin Silver IL'ite

What are your in-laws saying?Are they being supportive to you?Ask them to advice your husband.I feel sorry for you,ask your parents and in-laws help in this,tell them to give advice to your husband and if needed like the other user has said enroll in some deaddiction programme.Dont worry,stay positive.Make him understand that he has a girl baby and make him feel responsible.How is he at other times,is he good?

6. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

If its an addiction, simple advice from family members do not help. He needs to be treated in rahab or in groups like alcoholics anonymous.

7. IndianQueen

IndianQueen Silver IL'ite

Most of the alcoholics never admit that they have a drinking problem and never opt for counselling. Rather you might want to dig a bit deeper and try to find out what are the things bothering him for which he indulges in drinking. Have a chat with him casually with out asking a million questions, gradually find out what his problems are, trying bonding on an emotional level, trust me it works.. i have handled an alcoholic in the past and had tried everything under the world to help the person come out of the habit. But finally realised that they are not going to give it up coz u want them to, they need to be understood and cared for.