1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to Carry on life?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by panda2014, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Everyone's life has ups and downs. People always try to look happy at outside (face-to-face, facebook, linkedIn) how difficult their own life maybe. One thing to remember that there would be many people who would love to be in our place/shoes, however difficult we may find it. Whenever, i have difficult times at work, I always think that there may be many people who would want my job so why am i complaining (less commute, good pay, lot of work). While many people may have a horrible commute, lower pay etc or may not have work.

During my college days, there was a girl who was proposed by a very rich guy and i felt jealous about her. He used to pick her and drop her in his imported car. However, recently, i learned that she got divorced a couple of years after marriage while i am happily married. So, it is not always what we think it is or it is rosy all the way for everyone. Time heals everything.

Everyone needs to focus on their strength and make it stronger and fight. When the going gets tough, tough gets going.

2 people like this.
  2. Sneheth

Sneheth Bronze IL'ite

First let you friend cry her heart out.No one can answer her question "why me"
    She needs to go on in this life so tell her to see il forms daily so she will know how many women are facing different kind of problems. Don't compare with lucky friends compare with unlucky friends and just be satisfied.
    Yes we get jealous,hate but have to control it caz it will damage her character.
    Its better for your friend to come to other country caz in India people keep on peeping into others life.
    Tell her to concentrate and progress in career.Better to stay away from social networking sites caz it hurts our ego

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. panda2014

panda2014 Silver IL'ite

@Sneheth
    Yes very true crying out is a healing therapy . Change of residence is a good idea too . And ofcourse there would be many out there who are facing more complex issues than her . Thank you so much Sneheth for these tips.

4. Flyingsparks

Flyingsparks Silver IL'ite

Hi op...
    everybody has posted excellent replies...seriously...there are so many women who are stuck in helpless unhappy marriages who would want to come out & lead an independent life...

ask her to just ignore those social sites...they are just for time pass..

anyways..i am in a rush..just wanted to share something..

i always remember the following quote by a famous american tennis player Arthur Ashes whenever i feel low...

" If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life "
    Arthur Ashe

1 person likes this.
  5. panda2014

panda2014 Silver IL'ite

Am very happy to get such wonderful responses which would help all who is going through divorce. My friend is now staying at her parents place which is a remote area. When she came home her neighbours enquired abt her husband to which she replied that he has gone abroad for a project work for a couple of months since she was concerned on how could she tell them that the divorce process is going on. She is not only avoiding social networking sites but also fears to step outside her home since she does not want to make her divorce known so soon since only the process is going on. How to handle such situations with tact and grace?

1 person likes this.
  6. HeartHealer

HeartHealer Guest

Hi panda2014,

I don't think so there's any need of or point in hiding it from others. For a time being, you may give them a false reason to believe, but some day things will eventually surface out.

For her neighbors and the outside world, things would remain the same. They will say all bad things, spill out all rubbish later as much as they would do now. It's their purpose. Some will show sympathy, some will make her case an example for others.

She has to face this now or later, if she has to live in that same area. Yes, these things can be given a skip if she moves out of that place to some place, where people don't know her.

But, I tell you something, this is not important. What's important is, how
    diligently she fights back and stay strong from within. Life has turn out its one of the most ruthless form on her to face. If the divorce is a mutual decision, it will happen, sooner or later.

I know its easily said than done, but she has to face this situation and accept that her marriage has broken apart, its really late and of no use for her to mend things up.

Best for her right now is that she doesn't loose her identity and self respect and worth in this.

As a friend, if possible, you can extend your hand to her. Not just be talking to her on phone or suggesting her on things, but by spending few weeks with her ( if at all its possible ). People don't need advises at this point. That time has long gone. They need somebody who could support them, a shoulder to cry on and a heart to console them.

1 person likes this.
  7. luckysangeetha

luckysangeetha Gold IL'ite

Tell her somthing good is going to come for her soon

8. panda2014

panda2014 Silver IL'ite

@Heart healer

Yes you are very much right. She has to face life sooner or later . Definitely I will spend quality time with her . After all presence of loved one is the best gift . As you mentioned things can be given a skip if she shifts place..Suppose she lands a new job in a metro and in such scenario since the divorce is not yet finalized ..how to handle her martial status when she interacts with her peers/colleagues. Would it be right if she just says that she is married and not to disclose about the divorce proceedings since it might create grape vine and lot of negative vibe . Let me know your say.

1 person likes this.
  9. HeartHealer

HeartHealer Guest

What's the need to tell that she is married ? If this part can be skipped completely. How much are people really concerned about your personal lives in a work environment? A few will ask about it very casually. Things can be molded out differently.

If at all it cannot be, she can then lie on it that husband is working abroad or travels a lot.

All these things depend on a lot of factors. They way she carry herself, how much will she be able to come out of it and how positively she moves ahead in her life.

2 people like this.