1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How To Build Positive Atmosphere At Home

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by nakshatra1, Feb 27, 2018.

1. nakshatra1

nakshatra1 Platinum IL'ite

My husband is a very sweet and sensitive guy and we generally very happy with each other and love lot. But it is fact of life that in every couple's life, they have to face so many things together- be it office politics and work related stress which carries over to home, then loans, planning, tension due to relatives, sometimes tension due to kids etc , In general a couple gets little time apart from office hours to spend together. So those precious hours also do get shadowed by these stresses often.
    So what can a wife do to always maintain positive atmosphere at home.One thing is taking daily walk together in calm mind and not discuss any problems that time that could lead to bad mood. Home should be place to relax, but sometimes we ourselves give excess time to argument /negative topics (for example regarding any problems with relatives ) instead of utilising the blessings of nuclear setup away from the crowd. Sometimes, we may be itching to complain or vent about something but I found the better alternative is to control your tongue and instead plan some positive activity together like going to the park is a better investment of time and energy. What other daily rituals can be incorporated to promote peace, positive and motivational energy at home?

2. hope26

hope26 Silver IL'ite

Agreed with Nakshtra....

If you have problem with your dominating in-laws and they also staying with you then.
    I used to control but had never disrespect or argue with MIL but my fustration and stress spill over on my DH. I know, I am spoiling my married life... But my patience level is getting lowest nowdays.

I think, I can work to improve my married life. My husband is good human being n caring too. He never complained and angry.
    Please help.

nakshatra1 and Sandycandy like this.
  3. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Cook together eat together walk together and sleep. Try to do negative talks on phone while you are in office and close the topic. Do not continue this at home. Our home gets the vibration from us and give it back. If you keep everything positive then it will also give you positive vibes.

4. hope26

hope26 Silver IL'ite

My hu
    I tried that my husband and I walk at night together. But he is more interested in TV. I am also working and we both not get time to discuss these over phone.
    Agreed with you that positivity reflects back but I some times required to spill otherwise I will be suffocated.

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  5. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Situation is similar for most and these are just the ways that if get adapted can be fruitful. But not always possible to do so agreed.

Sandycandy and hope26 like this.
  6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

@nakshatra1 good ideas to keep a positive environment at home.
    You are right about not discussing negative people and negative experiences with the spouse. I think it’s also important to foster positive relationships at work so one doesn’t carry all the negative energy at home. Trust people to do their work , be respectful and not indulge in any gossip.

I also think keeping a clutter free home is also important to create a positive atmosphere. No loud colors in the home, subtle peaceful understated decor .

Taking walks with the spouse is a good idea, if not everyday atleast once a week. Having hobbies that both can participate in and enjoy is also important.

And best to avoid topics about inlaws ! shanthi Bhang and arguments don’t yield any positive results.

7. nakshatra1

I also think there are more chances of misunderstandings over phone. But @MonikaSG is correct about trying best to maintain good vibrations at home.Will keep that in mind..
    Yes I know it is very unhealthy to keep our frustrations inside and one day we will erupt like volcano. But what I'm saying is sometimes it becomes a regular feature at home - that should not happen. Because we are jeopardising our own married life by doing that.

Marriage requires so much patience to work.Many things are so unfair in our society patriarchal setup of marriage and every DIL will have so many genuine grievances due to this. But we should not waste our precious time in inlaws' topic instead of building strong foundation and happy home. If some stress is there we should practise to take deep breath whenever we are about to complain and waste another day in arguments , and try to make it positive-it will surely reap benefits in the long run.

Similarly, if something bad happens at office, what will we get out of again discussing the negative at home? We think we will feel better to discuss with husband for consolation but actually we just extended the negative mood into our home. Instead home should be for refreshing the mind not for remembering/reminding and discussing everything that is wrong in life.

Some of us behave as spouse is sounding board for all our problems. That is not wise. And mainly for ourselves, so when we come back home we should feel vibrations of a sense of peace and tranquility , true shelter . It will help for our emotional health.

Sandycandy, GeetaKashyap and MonikaSG like this.
  8. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

Instead of learning from others you are giving great lessons to the readers. Its an inbuilt quality that you already have. One more thing that I would like to add is postponing sometimes sort out things on its own and we do not find anything major in it to discuss. Even in the worst situation we can sort out its major part by deep thinking instead of discussing . I do this now as I too realised that discussing everything with h is not always fruitful and makes the situation even worse. Discuss only when you are not able to sort out and need some guidance otherwise be a self analyser and solve the issues.

9. nakshatra1

In many of your posts you talked about how avoiding arguments helped you and slowly I'm realising your perspective on handling things. I'm relatively newly married compared to you, and slowly I'm realising most of what you say from your experience about patience etc is correct .
    It's true complaining about any incident to DH is many times counterproductive. So after everything, finally I'm realising the better alternative. It is very difficult for me to avoid complaining when something is going on in my mind and I want it sorted out.. but trying hard to avoid those negative topics.
    Infact sometimes DH himself sometimes tells very annoying things - it's so hard to maintain calm and normal when someone talks like that. But I've decided to ignore reacting on everything especially related to future.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
    Sandycandy, MonikaSG and GeetaKashyap like this.
  10. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Actually I would say,don't keep everything to your heart. If your DH's parents's are the reason for your trouble, you don't have to sacrifice your peace by not telling to DH.He should be aware of what is happening to you because your In-laws would never tell the truth to their son. And we women feel better when we vent even if venting may not give us solution.

But how to convey about them to DH makes the difference. If you both already have some bonding,not all vents would lead to quarrels. So convey certain incidents or happenings that disappointed you about them in a subtle way. Don't show anger/cry.Just tell him that you were sad with their behavior. I realized that the more you hold your emotions to yourself,more harm it does to you physically & mentally. If your husband is understanding he might stand up for you in times of need and may also provide you comforts in some other way.

Coming to your main question of how to maintain positivity at home,firstly dont create a silent environment at home.Listen to music and keep it lively.Second keep yourself occupied with hobbies/a routine which you like.Other Ilites have already given u other points which you can carry out.

nakshatra1 likes this.