1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How should i reduce anxiety during periods?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by abc00, Feb 7, 2012.

1. abc00

abc00 Gold IL'ite

Friends,

I get so anxious about even petty things during my periods or PMS time. I earlier did not know the reason but one day i started to sort out the reason and i found this common occurence during periods time. At one time i picked up fight with husband, or felt very low due to some reason which is not in my hands or worry so much about talking something (assuming it hurt someone). Otherwise im a normal person eating healthy and exercising to be fit.

I think of meditation but cannot really focus on this during periods as im in so much body pains.

What can i do about this? I now really take care not to take any big decisions during such times:rant

2. dimple123

dimple123 New IL'ite

there are medications for pms like zoloft. some herbal stuff like st johns wort is said to help.get tested to check for imbalance in your hormones. Also take bcomplex and iron as it helps too.

3. healthonmove

healthonmove Gold IL'ite

It is impossible to think straight when you’re swamped with anxiety. A racing heart, sweating palms, panic and confusion are the result of adrenalin. So the first thing to do is take time out so you can physically calm down.