1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How much milk is enough for 11 month old baby...

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Tashsin, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    My son is 11 month old..he is taking 250ml milk in a day..he don't want to drink milk :bowdown..I am adding milk in his puree..but I feel 250ml is not enough..
    Plz share ur experience...on this..how much ur little one taking in a day...?
    His schedule is
    9:30am ..rice+carrot+apple.blended with 20ml milk
    1:30pm..100ml formula
    3pm..rice with veggie
    6pm 100ml milk
    8pm..banana+20ml milk
    10pm..cerlac with 20 ml
    He is very active baby..and waking his own from10 month..but I am bit worried as my friend told me her son is taking 800ml milk in a day :hide:
    Plz suggest some suggestions...:hiya

2. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

800ml milk in a day !!!!!! i am surprised.. may be that baby is not eating other things well. For such small babies liquid consumption is within 900ml. dont force him much.. Feed him at least 100ml 3times a day.. give little quantity so that baby dont get bloated and milk is easily digested.. you are giving other things also which will be good source of calcium. So dont worry. Feed baby as per baby needs and baby's body type.. few babies eat like big eaters, some are less eater.

tc

3. sarajara

sarajara Gold IL'ite

Tashsin ,

Am very much surprised reading the daily menu for your kid.

He should be having this at 6-8months of age.

by 11 the kid shouldbe able to have all solid food ( other than heavy non veg items) as the elders.
    Only thing being that the spice should be less.

my suggestion :

7 30 am : milk
    9:00 am : your normal brekfast with less spice
    11:00 am : some juice
    12:30 pm: your normal lunch - do not grind or mash the rice.. just mash the rice with your hands( dont cook rice like the fried rice in hotels.. make sure rice gets mashed properly with hand )

3:00 pnm - juice /. fruits

5:00 pm - boiled potatoes or peas.

7:00 your normal dinner ( again less spicy)

9:00 pm milk before bed.

I guess he is getting bored with the baby types food and wouuld like the adult kinds now.. Good luck..

PS: milk is a good food.. but having milk for all meals is not good.. hence my humble advice to all moms here is that take out the idea that more milk intake would bring better health and strength.. its only a myth.

1 person likes this.
  4. Tashsin

Tashsin Gold IL'ite

Hi Sara
    I tried so many things with my baby but he don't want to start solides now.he gags on any food with semi solid texture..every time he cry a lot..but don't want o eat solids..
    Second problem is I stated bottle feeding very late @7months..he only Bottlefeed when he is sleeping..otherwise he can not
    As I am giving him per balanced food chart but because of him milk habit I am little worried......