1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How long do U BreastFeed ur baby???

Discussion in 'Breast Feeding' started by cheer, Aug 14, 2008.

1. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

I agreed with latha, ladies plz move on, better we stick with original title. I started this thread to motivate up coming mothers & mothers like me. But now this topic totally diverted.

Let us stick to original topic.

Cheers:cheers

Last edited: Aug 22, 2008
  2. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Amitha

Please Please don't feel sorry about anything. You didn't get me in any wrong direction, in fact I learned from all ur stories/past experiences which will be helpful for my second delivery. Hope u get better soon from all ur discomforts.
    I will try my best this time but if doesn't work out I just have to go with the flow. Once again No sorry my Friend.

As Latha said lets focus on the original topic.

TC everyone.

Dhivya

3. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

4. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

i remembered after delivery i also experienced same problems faced by other ladies & i was discourged too. Closed friend of our's called my hubby & encourge him that i should not give up BF & that really helped me, he shared that same thing happened to his wife but due to encourgement she exclusively BF her daughter & i'm always thankful to my hubby & our friend for this.

5. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

cheer,

A suggestion, if I may.

May be you want to change the thread title? "How long do you breastfeed your baby?" to something else like mommies can share their BF experience?

How long Mommies breastfeed shouldn't matter. Not all 5 fingers are the same. So asking such question might be used by many as measuring scale and feel inferior that they aren't up to the mark. Its human tendency.

My 2 cents !!

6. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Agree with you,Nandhu!

Yes,Cheer,you are right too.When you are a first time mom,you do face such situations after delivery.I too have faced this.The doctors at the hospital had given some ayurvedic tablet to increase milk supply and so there are enough milk but even then my son used to BF for 1/2 hr and when I lay him down,he would still cry and I had to BF him again and again.I always felt he was not getting enough and so had to start solids for him at 2 1/2 mnths itself.

Each mom has her own experiences to share when it comes to BF and like the others said,each case is different.

7. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Dear nand, i don't think we should feel inferior just becoz some of us didn't feed our baby exclusive or less This thread is to motivate up coming mothers & mothers who are still BFing that not to give up. We can't chg past, but atleast up coming mothers learn frm our experience.

U don't believe but due to other mother's encourgement i'm tried to feed my baby as much as possible although not exclusive.

I don't feel like to chg topic. Wht others opinion???

8. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

I agree cheer.. Thats the ideal expectation. But unfortunately in reality not everyone think like that and thus lead to some unwanted situation. Thats the reason I mentioned its best to remove the "Long" question and have it more generic.

I personally don't think "How long do U BreastFeed ur baby" actually encourages a mom to BF more.. but just asks her how long did she do it. Plain simple :)

9. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Gosh Kavya, I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. My intention was definitely not to make you feel bad. When I said "wasting time and energy", I didn't mean MY time and energy but their own by beating themselves for something that happened in the past, especially when they don't even have a control of that situation anymore. You can't waste my time, even if you want to, since it's my choice whether I read your posts or not.

Take care.
    Raj

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  10. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

Latha - I'm so happy you got everyone moving on again :) I was rather upset at the tone this thread was taking.....Anyone i'm glad this is over.

Regarding changing the title - if the thread-starter doesnt want to then it stays.

Vanathi.