1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

How I found my long forgotten passion !!!

Discussion in 'Drawings / Sketchings / Photography' started by MathangiG, Dec 7, 2011.

1. MathangiG

MathangiG Bronze IL'ite

I am a long term silent member of IL . I read posts threads blogs everything but i had never replied much or posted anything of my own. Last year I came across the post http://www.indusladies.com/forums/drawings-sketchings-photography/100629-my-art-zest-after-15-a.html
    I was so impressed I was looking at that pic so long... It reminded me myself.

In my school days I always roam with pencil n paper, you can see tiny drawings all over my textbooks, homework note .. everywhere. I even participated in drawing competitions n won. But this is only till 10th std. I donno what happened afterthat I was so immersed in studies like anyother student of tamilnadu i guess; I drew only in records, no other extracurricular activities :( studies studies n studies. My days r filled with school, tutions ( though I fought n succeed not having so many tutions except maths) special classes.I came out with flying colors got into nice college n latter placed in best company, still my heart felt something missing why.. why am not satisfied?.

Then I got married to a wonderful person we visited my native home in small town. He was just exploring our forgotten almirah what he found surprised him when he showed me I was even more surprised !! I had a big collection of my sketches !! I had completely forgotten that I knew to draw still I wonder how? I got nice present of pencils from my DH then my true journey began ! He kindled my passion on drawing , one lead to the other now I had started to do oil paintings.Every time I draw he supports me give ideas , appreciate. Now I feel so happy so satisfied ! I had never felt this much satisfaction even when I got school first in +2 or when I placed in top co. If he weren't there I would be seeking for happiness in nowhere land, now its here.
    I am so happy to share my little arts with beloved ILites who were always inspired me unknowingly. Ty IL.

- Mathangi
    {proud IL}

LilHanuman.jpg 1.jpg 4.jpg 2.jpg Tigeress.jpg

11 people like this.

2. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

nice paintings mathangi.. u rock

3. MathangiG

MathangiG Bronze IL'ite

Some more ... Budha.jpg African Lady with Pots.jpg

9 people like this.
  4. MathangiG

MathangiG Bronze IL'ite

Thank you @vidhukarth

5. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sister,

Great that you DH found the secret in you and motivated you to rekindle the creativity. HATS OFF to him, Wish everyone of us get to remember and fall in line with our passion and not have a mad rush about grabbing earnings all the time.

May the almighty be with you and still best works to created in future.

6. tinku

tinku Silver IL'ite

Dear MathangiG

Awesome artwork. You exhibit a great talent.
    All your works are lovely. Keep drawing more. One day you can exhibit them organising a show.

7. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Mathangi :)

Beautiful paintings dear.Keep it up.
    Cheers-Anu:)

8. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Gr8 going Mathangi.
    I am glad that rediscovered your hidden talents with your loving and encouraging hubby.
    Yes IL does this to everyone of us......find ourselves and our hidden talents.........
    Now it is time for showcasing your talents too......

Best wishes to come up with more and more creativity from you dear !!

9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Mathangi, good to see you rediscovering and acquainting with your passion.

Good work..and if you have the support of your family nothing like it..
    infact it is il, through which i have taught a lot about pencil shading to my daughter.

10. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mathangi,

First of all, WOW!!! you are gifted with a talented pair of hands.

The second WOW!!! is for your DH. You are indeed lucky to have someone who appreciates your art.

I have also been good at drawings since childhood (thnx to my Mom). My brother and I did endless pictures. After marriage, I try my best to draw and colour at any opportunity I get, mostly on occasions like birthdays and anniversaries....I make cards and my DH is very proud of "his" collection by me!!!

1 person likes this.