How Has Your Wardrobe Changed Over The Years?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SeekingMind, Oct 20, 2016.

1. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

Recently, I replaced all my pants to elastic waist ones.... my waist also kept increasing after that....:facepalm:
    No more fancy synthetic tops. Donated most of them. Shopped for some cotton loose fitting ones in Kohls. And, got bunch of plain cotton kurtis, got them stitched in India, which I wear even on weekdays. So comfy....believe me!! :thumbup:
    Replaced Indian dresses to all cotton ones too. Gave away most of the stuff in India.
    No more high heels now, just plain flats. My daughter wears my heels sometimes. I have lost interest to shop for matching accessories. Sticking to whatever gold ones I have and stopped bothering to match them to the color of the outfit.

Started wearing more of Indian dresses in the evenings and, over the weekends trying to wear more of sarees... handloom ones. DH is loving it..... :blush:

Winters are dull as usual when it comes to outdoor clothing.... black, blue mostly but this time I want to change that too. But will I get approval from DH....:thinking:....

Would love to hear from you too. How have you changed your wardrobe over the years?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016

2. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

It has changed a lot. Before coming to US I used to wear only Salwar-kameez, chuddidars,etc. No jeans at all ( I was scared to wear them as I had faced lot of eve-teasing and nasty comments when I was in junior college)

When I came here DH encouraged me to buy jeans, capris, shorts, various types of tops, dresses (formal, sweater, casual/summer) Man...my wardrobe now has more western clothes than Indian. But I have a collection of sarees which I wear on festivals/concerts/poojas or temple visit.

Last trip to India I bought lot of kurtis/kurta, leggings. Love wearing them and mixing and matching.

I am not very accessory person but I have lot of earrings ( I can open up a earring shop..crazy about them.. :))

SeekingMind likes this.