1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How does Facebook irritate and create problems in your life?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by angelvoice, Mar 19, 2013.

1. angelvoice

angelvoice Gold IL'ite

Does Facebook cause problems and irritate you and create misunderstandings between you and your spouse? I really don't like FB that much, it he seems so much concerned about how we "behave" on FB... :bonk:bonk
    PLEASE DO SHARE YOUR EXPERIENCE? :)
    FEEL FREE TO RANT HERE... :)

Last edited: Mar 20, 2013
    1 person likes this.

2. fencesitter

fencesitter Platinum IL'ite

Delete the account!!

1 person likes this.
  3. angelvoice

angelvoice Gold IL'ite

4. sweetshreya

sweetshreya IL Hall of Fame

Give him your password and tell him to do anything he wants with it. :)

5. Ishika84

Ishika84 Silver IL'ite

I don't feel FB is that big to fight with....make a couple account

6. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

angelvoice,
    It shows the immaturity of both hubby and wife, if silly things like FB posts can cause issues. Both H and W need to behave mature.

7 people like this.
  7. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

You guys actually have the time to FB, "project a image" and worry about it Naaahhhice

2 people like this.
  8. Anikha

Anikha Silver IL'ite

Dear OP,

Can't pretend as if FB doesn't affect our personal relations. Yes, it does among the family. Not much with friends as long as we are in our limits.

Just like in real life how we and our kids are closer to mother side, not to father side relatives. This pattern can be seen on FB too. I have a bunch of niece and nephew connected on FB. I try to be nice both sides. But. because my mil hates me (her son doesn't handover his finances to her, not my fault, I don't even know how much my husband make :) , her daughters (sil) hate me. Now it's third generation ( niece, nephew) also dislike me because my husband is more successful than their fathers ( Sils' husbands). So, it's a chain reaction.

When I wish ( actually my sister also wishes my husband side kids, but they don't bother to reciprocate) on their birthdays, they just ignore us while they acknowledge the wishes from their dad's side. So, it's just a mind game to show that they don't care me and my side ppl.

Then my sister came down with a plan. She created family group and only my side relatives are members , so we interact (sharing family pics, jokes, birthday wishes etc.) in that group, and no one else know what's going on in the group. Because FB doesn't notify about the posting of a group to non members. Basically it's private a group and you can have as many as you want, one for close friends, one for mom side, one for husband side, one for dad side.

Divide and play (rule) win the game. I am practical, I don't want to un friend husband side folks or delete account. These days if we don't have a FB account ppl assume we are not social. So, deleting is not a solution as per my personal opinion. Not every one has to agree, All Ils are entitled to have their own opinion, right ?

10 people like this.
  9. peeks

peeks Gold IL'ite

I must admit, I have a fb account to keep in touch worldwide, I am not a big user, once or 2 times a week if so.
    My husband is adamantly against it and does not want to have an account, he looks at mine if I have something to show him. However I cannot see it running anyones lifes? I hardly post on it, but my friends a lot, I do not think that makes them any more social than me.

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

We both are sparingly active on FB. It is more a necessity as that is the only way to keep in touch with some friends and family. No misunderstanding between us due to FB, but some annoyance for sure. Due to folks posting on FB stuff that they learn from us in phone call or email or in person. Like, wishing us a happy vacation to, say, Hawaii. :bonk We don't announce such stuff on FB, but they do it for us. : )

Occasionally, DH and I have come to know of things from FB, that we hadn't updated each other yet due to being very busy or it just slipped the mind. Initially, it annoyed. Now, not so much.

2 people like this.