1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Are Divorcees Treated At Work In India

Discussion in 'Life Without Spouse' started by madras2018, Aug 3, 2016.

1. silentlistener

silentlistener Silver IL'ite

Very much true in case of divorced women and widows.

But there is an other, positive side of the story also. In my organization, there are many divorced women and widows. They are easily targeted by men around. But, in a number of cases something good also happened.

In some cases, the divorced women / widows accepted the advances of men. These men found that without emotionally committing themselves, it is not possible to have sex with them. The emotional commitment by the man towards the divorced woman grew strong and the consequent sex, bonded the two so strongly, that they are carrying on their relationship for decades together steadily.

Many such divorced women / widows are leading a life with good companionship, with the men, whose advances they accepted. At least half of these men are single men while starting the affair with the widows, now got married to them. Some lead a life as quasi husband and wives without doing a formal marriage (probably because, their families do not accept it)

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

that means, they think
    if they are married later that is good.
    But these are risky ,
    What if man already married but advanced with a divorcee or widow woman , there are good chances she can get pregnant , even with precaution , what should they do next?

Second whatever u hide but truth will come and his wife and kids will know, how much respect they all can get outside?
    Isn't it bad example to kids, the way their parents leading life.

What should be the next step?
    What good come out of it with such relations. If they like each other, properly divorce the wife and then proceed

If guy is single and with intentions like dating her is all fine, as nobody affected here

vaidehi71 likes this.
  3. Vaishwabhi

Vaishwabhi New IL'ite

Hi All,
    Most of the views are for Men.
    I have been through this and I have felt even females will not accept divorce readily.
    I have seen my married female friends stopped talking to me and the batchlers got warning from their families for talking to me.
    In office the so called educated and unorthodox females shown their real face. They had sympathy for widows but not for divorcees. They are more interested in knowing the reason for the divorce .If their is no violence in your story then they will advice you that you should have adjust.
    Divorce will teach you to enjoy life alone and be independent and who really cares for you.

4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

I have a few close friends who are divorcees too.
    These friends are my colleagues; thus I know, I have witnessed, how they face the work life challenges due to their divorcee status.

The men in the work place, on average think these women are desperate for emotional companionship and sex since they are deprived of it after the divorce. So, they volunteer to provide them some good sex plus companionship as a favor.
    Sadly some of the divorcee women are indeed desperate, and hopeless about their own future. Thus they fall easily to these men.
    Until both party realizes the complications, it would go smooth as an affair in the office. However, it is unlikely to last for long. Either the divorcee woman wants a strong emotional commitment from the man, or the man want to withdraw due to his personal commitments. Such relationship will be always the hot topics during the coffee breaks. .As a result many female colleagues will distance themselves from these divorcee women.

Just because a few divorcee women are desperate or naive to fall for these men's trick doesn't mean every divorcee women are the same.
    There are plenty of self dependent, strong divorcee women exist.
    But sadly they too face sarcasm and avoidance by fellow female colleagues just because of their status.
    However, no one can sideline you or ignore you if you are strong and shining as a person individually.
    May be they will have some hard time initially.

There are men who fear associating with divorcee woman because of their insecure wives. Just because the colleague is a divorcee, the wives of these men become highly insecure because they believe their husbands could be a best catch for these divorcees.

There will be a lot of judgmental comments and unwanted advice to the divorcee woman by the old colleagues, as if she is a tough nut. There will be some sympathy too.

KashmirFlower likes this.
  5. Caide

Caide IL Hall of Fame

I dont know about Divorced women problem.. Normally coworkers are curious of marital status.. even my colleague asked but only in profession way. But one of my roommate she is from *****. She worked in one Top MNC company. Since she dont know Tamil, her colleagues treated her differently.. they communicate only in tamil. even her seniors head managers people in onsite they do same.. she was lonely only one girl helped her and translated. She resigned for two reasons:
    1) She cant understand Tamil
    2) Her Senior wanted to help her not in project but offline work :rage::rage::rage::rage::rage: since he has political background no one does anything against him..
    seriously how long and how far can a girl run?? she resigned and went back to her hometown

KashmirFlower likes this.
  6. ivlakshmi

ivlakshmi Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    Yes co workers are always eager to know about marital status. If age increases them being single would also become a matter of discussion.
    Married women co workers do not treat you well when they get to know the divorce status. I maintain good distance with most of the teammates so i am at peace most of the time. I give them limited scope to talk. Apart from work place,most or almost all of the single men forget that divocees too have the heart to love and wishes to be fulfilled.

7. blossomingbud

blossomingbud Silver IL'ite

Majority of Indians are interested to know your status. Maried, single, divorcee or widower doesn't matter. They are just curious. From my experience I can say that most of them are innocent. They don't have any ulterior agenda. Its just them being social. Unfortunately there are also a lot of people who gossip or degrade you for your marital status. The only way to handle this is being strong about your boundaries.