1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Homemade Hair Oil Recipes

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by Yashikushi, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Shilpa23

Shilpa23 Senior IL'ite

Re: Homemade HAIR OILS recipes

nice recipes regarding hair care .I really liked the way u explained .I am preparing hair oil with amla and menthi powder.I will soon share my experiences with u.I had never know about these things.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2009
  2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Shilpa for stepping in.
    Still there are so many hidden treasures from our mother nature.this is just a drop.
    Happy your are on move.Please follow your oil recipe & come out with your nice feels.
    Best wishes.

3. Shilpa23

Shilpa23 Senior IL'ite

hi Yashikushi,
    I prepared homemade hair oil recipe with amla powder,menthi powder and also added some curry leaves and henna to coconut oil.I brought all these to boil.Stored it and using it as hair oil .It is showing good results on my hair.My fall reduced gradually.I found my hair is looking good.I took little quantity of the oil,warmed it,applied to hair and gave hot towel treatment to hair.It was a miracle after one week I felt really nice.Good job yashikushi.Keep going.Because of henna and curry leaves in the oil ,my hair is looking black and shining.After taking head bath by applying this oil my hair is looking awesome.Thanks yashikushi for this thread .

4. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

hi
    very useful ones.
    thanx for posting

5. Yashikushi

Ah! Shilpa.
    Thanks for sharing your experiences here.Am really happy to get that glossy note from you.Glad that the oil recipe had given you a change.
    Keep going.Take care.Follow the healthy tips along with hair care.
    Wishes my friend.

6. Yashikushi

Thanks for gusting here Aparna.

7. Sayeesha

Sayeesha New IL'ite

Thanks Saroji for your wonderful post.
    I used to have very beautiful hair. it used to be the envy of all my friends. I used to oil my hair regularly, apply hair packs and wash only with shikakai. That was 15 years ago. Ever since, I moved here in 1995, I have hardly taken care of my hair, rarely applied oil (about once a year), no hair packs, used only commercially available shampoo and conditioner. I have got my hair permed about 3-4 times in last 15 years. Before, I used to have silky and extremely straight hair. Now my hair is wavy and does not have any shine. My hair also has dandruff. About 12 years ago, i started to notice grey hair ( only 2 strands then). Now the hair in the middle of my head is practically all grey. I am only in my mid-30's. I have used only mehndi to cover the grey hair and do not want to use artificial hair colour.
    After reading your post, I am motivated to start hair care routine and try to restore the lustre, but I am not sure which hair oil and hair care routine would be best for my hair. Could you please guide me? Also, I am really interested to know your secret to controlling grey hair. I would really appreciate if you can share it with me. Thank you very much,
    Sayeesha

8. Yashikushi

Thanks Sayeesha.
    Grey hair is partly hereditary and partly negligence.
    Don't worry.Still have age limit to take care of your hair.For grey hair try this:
    Try this pack:
    Take 2-3 tbl of Amla powder(Indian goose berry).Make a paste by adding water in an iron bowl or kadai/vessel/Note:it must an iron made or else won't get the result.
    Leave it cover for over night,will find some black formation on the surface.Stir it well.Leave it for another overnight.Repeat the same for one more daySee to that there is no fungus in the pack.
    Apply it like henna.Let it be for one hr.Wash it off.
    Follow this every week for the first .Then once in 15 days for two months.Then monthly once.its a slow process.Need lots of patience.But fruitful result.

For hair care try hibiscus/curry leave oil recipe.Sure will get back the lusture in your hair.
    Along with follow my Hair growth packs esp protein pack and hibiscus pack.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/hair-care-and-hair-styles/70075-homemade-hair-growth-packs.html
    If have further query please drop.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2009
  9. Akilavinod

Akilavinod New IL'ite

Dear Saroj
    Thanks a lot...........for giving such procedures.
    Can you pls tell me of the all, which hair oil suits for dry hair the most???

10. cherrysre

cherrysre New IL'ite

Really good thread...rather using chemicals we can use natural products which is not harmful and also to stay healthy....
    Thanks for the good post