1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Holidays, Tsunamis And Upright Members Of Society

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Dec 21, 2017.

1. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi,
    We are not the upright members of society
    In someway or other. It need not be physical condition always . May be some mental quirks. Though I am physically OK but have a phobia for water. No logical reason. We once went to Trivandrum and Kovalam....I was the only one in the family who was sitting on the shore under the umbrella with chairs.
    Tsunami is the biggest threat one can associate with water!
    So, you have company.
    Syamala

satchitananda likes this.
  2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

LOL Shyamala. We seem to have problems which stop us going to water either way - me physical, you your phobias! The threat of a tsunami can stop you from going to a coastal city, but once you are there, it does not matter whether you sit under the umbrella or step into the water to play. So you might enjoy the water while you are there! :)

3. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Some spouses are that over protective like your BH. During my last month's visit to Goa I was prevented from going on a trip to watch dolphins. DW put her foot down because the boats take off from a place where there is no jetty and you have to wade through the murky waters of Mandovi river to get into the boat. Your GBP probably goes up because of your students. You porobably have some Dummkopfe among them.

4. satchitananda

Oh no! Not allowed to go and see the dolphins!!! :cry::tired::disrelieved: That is heartbreaking. And thanks for informing me about the dolphins. I think I have my next holiday planned. :)

As for my students, ..... what do I say? This was the first semester in 15 years where I threw a fit 3 times over and told them to get lost and walked out of class. There was shocked silence. It took me about an hour after coming back home to regain my composure. For all that most of them passed, 3 or 4 of them with more than 80% and 3 failed. I am relieved. Was worried all of them would flunk!!! So yes, they have contributed in no mean measure to my BP. No, they are not dumm, they are over-smart - too smart for their own good!

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello::hello: Behind every beach there are tsunami of spontaneous writers causing waves of cascading pleasure washing their head resulting in thoughtful feedback.
    Thanks to OP & GK
    REGARDS.
    God Bless Us All.

satchitananda likes this.
  6. satchitananda

7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

You need to listen to my advice sometimes, apart from the doctors! Had you been to Mahabalipuram and wrote something about the properties of carved stones and demi-gods, by now, you would have received 100 responses. You have lost your golden opportunities of visiting the Golden Beach. :)

Viswa

satchitananda and kkrish like this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

:number_one:
    Sats, Sats, Sats!
    What do I say to you?
    Not taking a vacation but going to read your students' write ups!!! You are brave girl! Deserve an Arjuna award, I tell ya!

Married to a doctor gives you BP and headache? Hehehe! Lemme write a book of what married to a scientist is. I remember most of the days are like this :BangHead::BangHead: when I am asked to explain everything clearly in bullets.

Well, my sob-story later...let me come to yours.
    Now tell me if the students lived up to your expectation of a tsunami? Also rest assured and take it from me, self-made psycho analyst, if you are constantly bombarded by your students's tsunamis you will ward off Alzheimer's till eighty and beyond!

Thanks for this smile-generating post! Enjoyed it much.

9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Viswa!!!!:grinning-smiley-048::biggrin:

Viswamitra likes this.
  10. satchitananda

Viswa, had I dared to write anything about properties of stones I would probably have been washed away by a tsunami of a virtual kind! :yikes:

Viswamitra likes this.