Holiday in Dubai

Discussion in 'Housing in Dubai' started by pritidr, Nov 13, 2011.

1. pritidr

pritidr New IL'ite

Dear All

I am Priti - an Indian currently residing the UK.I am planning to visit Dubai around 23 December 2011 along with my year old daughter and my husband and my parents would join us from India.My husband would stay for 1 week only and we would stay for approximately 3 weeks.

I was wondering where to find some reasobally priced and decent apartments.Even 1 bedroom with lounge would do.A colleague of mine here suggested an area called Al-Nahda near deira dubai and sharjah but I was wondering if its commutable to the main parts of the city .I would also appreciate if anyone can please inform about the following:

- Places to visit
    - Activities to do for adults and children
    - Good places to shop
    - Anything special to note during the shopping festival.
    - Any other advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks ladies.

Priti

2. boyuzz

boyuzz New IL'ite

Hi,
    Better take a room in serviced hotel apartment in Deira area rather than Al Nahada, though Al Nahada Dubai area does has couple of decent Serviced Hotel Apartment. I Advice you to check for Lotus Hotel Apartments in Hor-Al-Anz Area, you have access to Dubai metro just at stone throw away distance. And good Indian and Arabian cuisine serving restaurants just across the road.
    Best way to find deals in Dubai is to check dubaideals/ae website which reflects latest and best deals in all sectors. Otherwise DSF is always good option. If you are buying gold jewelry buy always in Dubai Gold Souq, make a note that price of gold will be same at every store only the making charges are applicable hence you can bargain in making charges. You get up to 50% discount on diamond jewelry and try Sharjah Gold Souq too if you want to buy Diamond jewelry. When you are buying electronic items sharafDG is the best choice, they have stores across all major shopping malls. Do not miss to visit Global Village as this too.
    To know the places to visit or see in Dubai or UAE please check Dubai.ae
    Hope I am informative
    bye

3. pritidr

pritidr New IL'ite

Many thanks BOyuzz...atlast I got one comprehensive and useful reply.

4. archana820

archana820 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Pritidr,

You can also try some serviced appartments in burdubai. you will have lots of options and metro access is also there. since lot of shopping areas are near burdubai it will be usefull also . the things you have to do in dubia are
    1. dessert safari with dinner
    2. dolphin show in creek park
    3. they do have hot air ballon ride but depents on the climate
    4. dubai mall (aquarium, kidsaniya ,indoor theme park,icering,burg kalifa world tallest building, world s biggests fountain) and shopping and shopping.
    5. festival city will have some shows in december.

you cheack the website which boyuzz told you will get many more options .
    bye take care