High risk pregnancy ob/gyn in chennai

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Destinyschild, Feb 4, 2009.

1. sahv

sahv New IL'ite

Try Dr S Rajasri at Kauvery at Alwarpet. She is very good for High Risk Pregnancies. She was earlier at E V Kalyani.

2. priyasakhi

priyasakhi New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

One of my friends had a delivery at gowri nursing home at lakshmi nagar, nanganallur. The doctor, seetha hariharan is very good and she sees a limited number of patients a day. So the wait time is less and she gives you good care and atention.

Priya

3. aquawaves

aquawaves Senior IL'ite

Re: need a gynaecologist

Hi,

Hope you got the right gynec, one of my relative too needs a high risk gynec due to previous pregnancies. Do you know whether doctor Uma Ram and Shobana Mahadevan from seethapathy clinic are high risk gynec? My relative wants to know so that she can fix an appointment, any suggestions will be of great help.

Thanks!!!!

4. nkb

nkb New IL'ite

My first baby was born preterm (35weeks) and weighed only 1.75 kg. He had delayed milestones, delayed speech, had to undergo many tests and was very difficult to handle. After many years he is settling down. I conceived next year and a few years after that. Both times pregnancy could not be completed due to various issues. A few years after that, I wanted to plan the next pregnancy. I was very scared given the history. I wanted a term baby weighing 3 kg. I was told that the first baby had problems because it was a normal delivery and I was advised to go for c-sec next time.

With these apprehensions, I approached Dr Rajasri in Jan 2012 to plan for my next pregnancy. After thorough investigations it was found that I had APA syndrome. I got pregnant again and Dr Rajasri put in a plan for management of APA from the time pregnancy was confirmed. I had severe vomiting up to 16 weeks. I was again very concerned that the baby will be underweight because I was unable to eat. I was very scared before every scan. I had no support at home as my husband was travelling on business and there was no one else to help. All this made me wonder every now and then whether I should have the baby at all. I would meet Dr Rajasri every other week and she would patiently answer all my questions and instill lot of confidence. She did not put me on bed rest or anything. I joined the ante natal classes in her clinic and my life was as normal as it could be and I could manage my son and other household responsibilities.

As I approached 3rd trimester I was worried about preterm delivery and normal delivery. But throughout Dr Rajasri counseled me well and dispelled my fears. She induced me at 37 weeks. I got a healthy baby boy weighing 2.9 kg and it was a normal delivery :)

I cannot thank Dr Rajasri enough for a safe pregnancy and delivery and all her support during the last one and half years.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  5. suganvijay

suganvijay Platinum IL'ite

As per my knowledge my in laws also keeps telling doctor kurian Joseph
    From Joseph nursing home near chetpet is very famous and he has handled several high risk pregnancies in our family!