1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hi.. Please Help Me With My Doubt

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by cuteastha, Jul 13, 2016.

1. cuteastha

cuteastha Silver IL'ite

Hi

I am pregnant after 5.5 years.I kept 41 days Tuesday fast for the same.Now its my four month and i am not able to continue with fast as on that day my health get worse.My husband is asking me to break fast as my health gets down on Tuesday.Seeing me worried Dh ask me to do pooja and he will keep fast instead of me.While fasting whole day i eat fruits and night food without salt.And really its getting tough for me in pregnancy.

Also, i am worried something wrong should not happen with my baby or family.
    Please clear my doubt 15 more Tuesday fast is left.

2. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

i guess fasting and pujas are not applicable for pregnant and breast feeding women

3. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

it is belief system that one has - could be god or no god, conscious, elders, society, etc. either you have faith on it or them and they are to reciprocate the same trust and faith.

let us assume no not assume - it's god on whom you trust, then would god punish you for this? no never. so back to routine for your baby's and your health. after delivery you can please the god. he wouldn't mind. take care.

4. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

I agree with @JGVR, pregnant women are exempted from all fasts, though you might be more at peace if you confirm this with a pandit. If you are very particular then accept your husband's suggestion..it is very nice of him to come forward to do it for you. Ultimately its a personal thing, and I do not believe god will punish you for this..you can perform a wholehearted prayer or pooja on Tuesdays.
    If you still want to do something MORE, how about some charity if feasible for you, every Tuesday? You can even pay for some weekly annadanam or something..

5. soulful

soulful Platinum IL'ite

Dear OP, First of Congratulations! on your pregnancy.

Next you must understand, God is not vengeful. He/She is benevolent and will not be upset if you do not continue the fast when you are pregnant. If that was the case, He/She would not have blessed you with this baby in the middle of the vrat. Here is what you can do - keep Rs 1.25 at God's feet and promise that you will continue the fast after you have delivered the baby, as soon as you are physically and mentally capable. And follow through that promise when you are up to it. Once you are done, put the money in a temple of your choice.

Have a happy and healthy pregnancy.

momsky likes this.
  6. Gaiya3

Gaiya3 Gold IL'ite

Dear OP
    Congratulations on your pregnancy. you have to eat well and take care of the growing needs of your baby. No need to fast when expecting a baby. No god is going to punish. You can complete your fasting 6 months after your baby is born(that is after you start your baby on solids).. You can continue your regular pooja now according to your family customs. Be happy and think positive. Have a healthy and safe pregnancy.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
  7. aspha

aspha Gold IL'ite

Agree with all. I was observing pradosh vrat for a while, but then I got pregnant with my first child. I was asked to stop all kinds of fast for 2 years. After my baby was born i did pradosh vrat udyapan.

8. monkatpeace87

monkatpeace87 Silver IL'ite

Are u serious?? Why the hell u are fasting?? Fasting for a pregnant woman can get risky. Plz stop fasting. For the health of ur baby. Plz talk to ur gynae for the risks. She can explain u clearly. Also I hope u are taking ur iron and vit b supplements regularly.
    And congrats for the pregnancy.

9. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

Nope. No fasting. Not when you are pregnant, or breast feeding. Blood sugar levels get erratic pretty quickly at such times.

Eat well, take care of yourself, and the little one.

10. Sweetygals

Sweetygals Silver IL'ite

Please stop fasting. U can continue this prayer after kid 1 year especially after stopping breast feeding. God wont take any revenge dont worry.