Hi members. This is Subbu. Recently movebd to Munich.Wanted to have friends here

Discussion in 'Indians in Germany' started by Subbu786, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Subbu786

Subbu786 New IL'ite

Hi all,

This is Subbu. I recently moved to Munich.

I am feeling very lonely here. If any one of you intereted in friendship, please let me know.
    Please contact me through private messages.

Thanks & Regards,
    Subbu

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2011

2. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

hi subbu

welcome...
    as to my knowledge, in munich u can find many indians...
    hope u get good frnds soon.

3. subhanataraj

subhanataraj New IL'ite

Hi,

This is Subha from bangalore. We(myself, Husband and Daughter of 18 months ) will be moving to munich in next few weeks. Is it possible to manage with English, I am not sure whether i can take German language course since time-frame is very less. How about life there in winter? My daughter is very interested in going for outing and explore things. I am bothered since the weather conditions is not favourable for taking her out. Please advice how you people are managing with toddlers there.

Thanks in advance.

4. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

Hi subha
    This not to scare you but its fact....Winter in munich is really terrible.
    Yes u can go out but u need to be in proper winter clothing.As this can be your first winter...better to avoid ur child
    to take out very often.As weather change can effect her health.
    regarding ur language..without german you can manage and if u have time u can take german classes
    Normally the govt pays you to take german classes(integration course)...I am not sure may be it depends on the type of visa
    Once you are here, u can find someone easily who can guide on how to take german classes.

if no one I can help you out.

5. subhanataraj

subhanataraj New IL'ite

Hi Amul,

Many Thanks for your valid inputs. I have few more queries. Pls give ur thoughts.

1. How money transfer can be done to India?
    2. Should I carry Grinder, Mixie from India? Will the Indian electrical appliances work there?
    3. What kind of winter clothings can i buy for me and my daughter?

Thanks in advance.

6. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

no problem..its my ppleasure to shre my experience

normally we do it directly from the bank here and it takes 3 working days to be deposited in our indian bank account.

we also do it by icici remit to india

or we send it by western union if its very urgent.

to bring mixer it depends on how long do u stay here.if its for long time...yes its very much required...India electrical appliance wrk here but...her its with 2pin pulg...so u can brin a 3 to 2 pin converter and it will wrk fine.
    I use in the same way.
    initially u can get all types of spices of little quantity as it could be helpful till u r adjusted and get to know abt the place.u will have many indian stores in munich but bit expensive.

regarding clothing:
    thermals are very imp.
    for kids u get n number of varietys here.initially u can bring with u and u can get a very good winter clothing here.
    for children u need to pack up in sucha a way that they feel warm...
    winter stockins, cap,shoes,gloves etc...

if anything else..let me know...

all the best for ur start

7. subhanataraj

subhanataraj New IL'ite

Hi Amul,

Very Helpful Information. We will be staying for nearly 1 – 2 year.
    1. How did you manage to bring Mixie, Grinder etc.
    2. How about calling cards/ phone calls to India? Which is good and economical?
    3. What about the TV channels? I am interested in Tamil Channels. How much will it cost if i want it.
    4. I want tosearch for an apartment, where I can find many Indian families around. Is thereany such area?

Thanks for your wishes. I tried to send private message to you. But couldn't. Any suggestions?

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011
  8. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

sorry for the late reply.was not feeling well due to bad weather.

1)unpaked all the jars and mixie motor part and packed them individually in my luggage
    2)calling cards are available.you can also call thru internet via different wesites.I use rebtel.com and also rynga.
    once u come here u will know the advantage of calling cards and calling thru sites.dont worry
    3)we dont have any private indian channels...but u can get them thru internet.need not worry.
    4)u can try in www.immobilienscout.de

regarding private message i am not sure abt it....if u hav any facebook account let me know ur username..so that i can search u.

any doubts feel free to ask.

9. subhanataraj

subhanataraj New IL'ite

I will be living in Planegg. Any ladies in this area? I am looking for good friends and playmates for my daughter.

Thank You.

10. PAANV

PAANV New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am moving to Burscheid in few days. I am travelling alone. I am looking for accommodation. How abt taking an apartment for rental? How much does it cost? Is it safe to stay alone? How abt staying in a hotel till I find a place to stay? I heard that many indians are there in Opladen? Which is the better place (Burscheid/Opladen) to stay?

Thanks in advance.

1 person likes this.