Hi Frnds

Discussion in 'Indians in Malaysia' started by radhika_sv, Jan 31, 2012.

1. radhika_sv

radhika_sv Junior IL'ite

Hi Frnds,

How are you all? Hoping everyone had a good start.:)

I'm too planning for a new venture that was in my mind for last 2 months. still in very difficult position start it or not.

I thought of doing chocolate making from home. I know technicalities of it. also have made different varieties, flavours too. I don't know how to approach ppl here in kl. help with ur opinions abt the same.

:thankyou2:

2. manmathi

manmathi Silver IL'ite

For the start , make them and try to sell them to near by supermarkets. Gift them to friends and relatives and pass the message of your new venture. Give ads in local newspaper. Place ads online too. All the very best

3. radhika_sv

radhika_sv Junior IL'ite

thanks manmathi [:)]

4. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

You can promote by giving free samples.. possibly print a 2013 calendar on the back of your business card and distribute it with free samples in your neighborhood.

5. Indianna

Indianna New IL'ite

Hi Radhika,
    My sis-in-law runs a chocolate making business from her home in India. She get a lot of orders from small businesses who want to send gifts to their important clients, especially during the festive seasons. So you could try a similar approach once you have capacity to deliver slightly larger orders (for two months before diwali she actually hires extra part-time help to cope with the orders.) It's hard work but very fulfilling and quite rewarding if you manage costs well. She has built her reputation on good quality (really tasty stuff!), excellent packaging (all done by hand) in different quantities for different budgets, and timely delivery. Now she has a dedicated website also. She prefers to keep it seasonal because she does other things during the rest of the year.
    Hope this helps!