Help! with your thoughts! (A moolam boy with an Ayilyam girl Stint)

Discussion in 'Astrology Numerology & More!' started by Sreedharvaidya, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Sreedharvaidya

Sreedharvaidya New IL'ite

Hi All,

This might be a frequetly discussed topic amongst the members of this group.
    But mine is with a tinge of uniqueness and some thing which I haven't seen anywhere of being discussed.

I, a Moolam boy (Hindu), is in love with this girl of Ayilyam (Non Brahmin) nakshatram. Yes, I can see some eyebrows raised!! :)

We have been in relationship for more than an year now. We broke in between due to some silly misunderstandings, which dint last more than 2-3 months.

We knew that we were in need of each other's companionship, support and the love. Ever since we came together after the breakup, we just wanted to make sure of one thing; never break for any damn reason! We have been enjoying this relationship.

There are going to be small fights, misunderstandings; and it happens in every relationship. We just have to be mature enough to let pass such negative attributes.

Now, it's sort of a pressure time, that at both our homes, the parents are seriously hunting for alliances.

With no doubt on our compatibility, our like mindedness our common and mutually agreeable goals, I need, or would like to have some clarity on the astrological equations as well. This might sound STUPID. But, I need to consider it to the minutest of the extent to convince my parents and tell them, it works and is compatible in their aspect as well.

Irrespective of what the result is going to be, I am sure to go with what I have decided. I can convince my parents. Just that I wanted to do it more convincingly. Their ego and belief will be scratched; I know; but I need to plan for Damage Control.

I hope you are all able to relate to my present situation!

Here are the details of mine:

Date of Birth: November 24, 1984
    Rasi : Dhanus (Sagittarius)
    Rasi Lord : Guru (Jupiter)
    Nakshatra : Mula
    Gothram - Harita
    Nakshatra Pada (quarter) : 1st pada (quarter)

and that if her's

Religion: Hindu (Non Brahmin / Saiva Pillai - Tirunelveli, Tamil Nadu)
    Date of Birth: August 12, 1988
    Rasi : Kataka (Cancer)
    Rasi Lord : Chandra (Moon)
    Nakshatra : Aslesha/Ayilyam
    Nakshatra Pada : 4th pada

I also tried to find the rating among the 10 porutham that normally people look for getting the near ideal groom/bride :)

Pls validate this.....

Dhina porutham:
    Moolam - 11th Star from Aayilyam
    Uhamam / Very Good Match

Gana porutham
    We belong to Rakshash gana
    Uhamam / Very Good Match

Mahendra porutham
    No

Sthree Dheerkam
    Mine being the 11th star from her's, the porutham is Mathima
    Mathima / Good Match

Yoni porutham
    "Aayilyam - Male Cat / Moolam - Female Dog"
    Mathima / Good Match

Rasi porutham
    Dhanus is 6th from Kataka
    Uhamam / Very Good Match

Rasi athipathi porutham
    Mine is Jupiter and her's Moon
    Uhamam / Very Good Match

Vasiya porutham
    Kadakam (She) - Dhanus (Me)
    Uhamam / Very Good Match

Rajju porutham
    I belong to Prathama Rajju and she belongs to Anthi Rajju
    Uhamam / Very Good Match

Vethai porutham
    No

All said and done, I predominantly believe in personal compatibility more than anything else. Since we score better in the 10 porutham's, I just want to keep that as an armour ;)

Thanks in advance for all those who would be throwing in their comments and more importantly some positive energy on me to pursue this :)

Sree

2. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

As far as I know, Moolam and Aailyam will match in some cases. And you have listed most of your poruthams are matching. If u do not mind, are you Brahmin?

At present, you guys are compatible. But after marriage, remember that it is she, who has to do most of the adjustments. Is she ready? Is she aware of the daily customs and rituals in your house?

I also recommend that you show your horoscopes to a reputed astrologer.

All the best.

1 person likes this.
  3. mathangikkumar

mathangikkumar Platinum IL'ite

Though astrology is good especially matching of horoscopes and the 10 poruthams, I personally believe some times they are humbug.

Neither the 10 poruthams couple are leading a harmonious life nor the couples who do not have 10 poruthams. It's good to take the guidance of astrology but basically it's the mindset of the couples which matter.

All arranged marriages have not failed so also the love marriages. All lead to each one's perceptions. Do not worry about the poruthams.

For the marriage partners, apart from the poruthams, the study of the individual's horoscope is essential for the normal peaceful life, if one has a bad time the other's horoscope should help in bad times.

It's a question of adjustments and give and take. Caste also hardly matters given the way the world is moving, we have more of unity in diversity.

My only advice is never consider the other as inferior or do not be rigid in your understanding, since both of you happen to be Hindus, there is no chance of religion interfering in your religious life. The ways the worship is done may have a slight variance, and remember you both have decided to marry out of your free will as matured persons who can frame your destiny, so never blame fate or others.

There is no problem with the stars,those days people were just framing them , what happens to millions of people who do not see the horoscopes or do not know their stars.
    Own up responsibilities and go ahead, THUNINJA KATTAIKKU DUKKAMILLAI.

1 person likes this.
  4. Sreedharvaidya

Hi Raji,

Thanks for the response.

Good to hear you say that Ayilyam and Moolam match.

Yes, I am a Brahmin - Iyer.

I agree to your point. This was in fact discussed with her and she feels ok to accommodate with the customs. But to what extent? She always had the thirst to learn new things. I am hoping that she would do the same here. I am one sort of a guy who don't really believe in imposing things on others.

As a matter of fact, even I am not too much immersed into the daily rituals. I respect the culture and have good value for it.

And more, once after marriage - if things go on well and as planned, we have decided to live separate for an year or so for better understanding between us and also to understand each other's family virtues.

I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for the best!

Regards

5. Sreedharvaidya

Hi Mathangi,

I second your thoughts!
    Whatever said, has been to the point.

I have always believed on the self and whatever has been thought and planned by the self has worked out well - touch wood. I joined my new company on Ayilyam.

There was big resistance from my parents in doing so. But I did join and have been enjoying my stint ever since. I don't find a logic behind them saying so. "What's there in a star?" this was my question to them!

Thanks Mathangi and Raji for providing a good insight. Really motivating. Taking some cues out of it, I think I am confident enough to convince my parents :)

Wish me good luck ladies :)

Best!!

1 person likes this.
  6. Sreedharvaidya

More insights and thoughts are welcome!!!!

7. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Thats a wise decision. Better to live separately, but within reach of both sets of parents, so that mutual assistance can be rendered.

I had a tenant belonging to the same caste as your gf. My God, they were so spic and span, and kept the house very neatly. And since she is a vegetarian, no major food problems!

Remember that parents always want us to be happy. If they are convinced that you will be happy, they will eventually come around. when u meet for functions, if your gf follows your ritulals, that should be good enough!
    Kindly have a look at some of the post in theis forum, related to marital woes, so that you can avoid them.

But one more note of caution...do u have younger siblings to be married? If yes, it is better to be upfront about your gf, to their prospective spouses and in-laws, so that u can weed out the not-so-broad minded ones!

Wish you a happy life ahead.

1 person likes this.
  8. Sreedharvaidya

I don't have siblings. With respect to your point, I am in a comfortable zone.
    But I too have felt sometimes, if I have had any, they could have been of a great support.

Anyways let me not go too much into assumptions :)

I wish this gets closed on a high!!

9. Sreedharvaidya

this is something which i am thinking for quite a while...

what would be the better way to get married?
    1. iyer style? (for that the girls family should accept)
    2. by the customs that the girls family follows? (which i dont think my parents, esp my mom, would agree)
    3. or is it better to tie the knot in a temple?

or are there any better ideas? :help

Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  10. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

I am of the opinion that the best way for intercaste marriages is to have a simple wedding ceremony in the temple, with very close family members present, and have a grand reception for all. You will not only save money, but be rid of hassles, which may cause heataches, and future quarrels.

1 person likes this.