Help needed on Quick and healthy packed breakfast ideas for DH..

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by spuppala, Nov 8, 2011.

1. EverHappy

EverHappy Platinum IL'ite

No worries spuppula,

I used to hate to eat oats as well. Recently out of desperation :) I added 4-5 spoons of dal into museli/oats and put int he oven for 45 secs and ate it, it tasted yumm and filled my tummy. I've tried it with any curry that I prepare (if not time in the morning, I save a few spoons the previous night). Try this and hope it works for you too..

2. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Thanks Everhappy :)
    This idea seems quite interesting for my DH..Will try it out..

good day!

3. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi Sabari,

Thanks much for your long yet informative reply..it is really very helpful and good to know about the powders..we can make some simple curry and mix the powder with ghee..it sounds interesting...thanks alot..

Also the other ideas are good and i have been preparing the parathas thrice a week.. they ar good to roll in a foil and easy to carry too...

1 person likes this.
  4. AnanyaAjay

AnanyaAjay Silver IL'ite

5. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

Hey spuppala,

me and my DH are big fan of these.They are really healthy.

Multi grain break supposedly healthy with omelet.I am not sure you eat egg or not.
    Baked Mathri - Blogs - IndusLadies

Chick peas with some chat flavor also good,if he likes it.

6. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hai Priya16,

Thanks a lot for your ideas :) Shivas recipe i should try it out tomorrow
    Yes we eat eggs..and didnt get this "Multi grain break supposedly healthy with omelet"

yes i eat boiled chick peas with ragi malt..but he is not taking them :( ..

7. upfsabari

upfsabari IL Hall of Fame

Thank you dear.. Glad you liked it.. :)

8. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Hi AnanyaAjay,

Here are some rice items i pack for my husband..usually i dont go for dal-gravy-rasam kind of stuff for lunch as that will be tough to prepare and need a matching fry :)

the cooked rice last night should be used for the next day lunch in our case..Might be the same for you too :)

1.Capsicum rice:-
    Saute some chopped onions and capsicums along with the tampering and once they are soft add some gree peas too..Add grounded powder of sesame seed,peanuts and dried coconut in the rice and then put it on high flame..then add rice and saute it well..garnish it with coriander..I don't ude ginger garlic paste daily..
    2.Mixed vegetable rice:-
    In the same add any veggies of your choice and mix it well with rice..you can dhania powder in this to get more taste..
    3.Peas Rice:-
    Add chopped onion,little bit of ginger-garlic paste and green chillies..then add dhania powder..garam masala..then add peas..and rice..Toss it well and your peas rice is ready :)
    4.Tomato Rice:-
    I ill store th epre-blended mixture of tomato in fridge and use it..just toss some onion slices and garam masala,ginger-garlic paste..add some dhania powder..and then add the tomato puree.then bring it to boil and then add soaked rice in it.add required water and then tamper it with ghee..
    5.Cauliflower Rice:-
    The same way as capsicum i do this
    6.Egg Rice:-
    Saute onion slices add ginger-garlic paste..dhania powder..garam masal and then beat few egss in this..toss it up well and make tiny pieces of cooked egg.then add soya sauce and tomato ketchup..add rice and green peas..and toss well..thats it :)

I don;t follow the actual method of these rices as they consume time and need to use raw rice..So i found my ways to used the cooked rice and prep raitha for it :)
    Anyhow night he will have superb dinner :)

Hope these will help you :)

9. ssm014

ssm014 Platinum IL'ite

Interesting ideas in this thread.!

Some of the dishes I used to give frequently in DH's Lunch box when we were abroad, was
    1) stir fried noodles, with veggies and chinese sauces.
    2) rice varieties like lemon rice, tamatind rice etc
    3) Semiya Upma with lot of veggies
    4) Burger made with aloo patty/ cutlet made at home the previous evening
    5) Sevai (rice noodles)
    6) Pasta varieties

I would add an apple/ pear along with the lunch esp on pasta and noodle days. Sometime he used to take buttermilk in a tupper ware container and would have it for mid-morning time

Breakfast at home was simple, Cornflakes with fruit + Bournvita / Milo, or Chai with Toast/ biscuits/ Mathri

Dinner was usual Indian Fare