1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HELP ME PLEASE in scheduling the day with 6 months old

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by pattumom, Mar 15, 2013.

1. pattumom

pattumom Junior IL'ite

Please help me in scheduling my day with a 6 month old. I am looking for jobs now that my lil one is half a year old. My parents in law are here to take care of her. Though my mom in law does all the work related to kitchen, I am finding it difficult to concentrate and spend time to prepare and give interviews.

My father in law is a v irritating person. He sings songs so loudly...v v v loud all the time. He does no work at all....water for drinking also comes to his hands (mother in law gives). He asks me why i am not getting job even though I ams trying for 1 month. I felt v disappointed.

Right from giving my lil one a bath to solid food everything I will do. It taken 4 hrs of my time everyday and I become tired after that.
    My mother in law is trying to give everything to her son in hand (literally want him to sit in one place and not even wash his own plate). I dont want my husband to be like his dad...getting work from ladies all the time...so I insist that my husband does his own work...but she runs and takes his plate. I get annoyed and move away from there...I feel v irritated with the high volume with which they speak, not letting my husband do any work (i mean even the smallest of work)...

We live in a small house (2 bedrooms and 1 small living room and 1 bath)...it is so difficult to concentrate on job hunting in this environment,..PLEASE HELP!!!

Any suggestion is highly valued...PLEASE PLEASE!!!

2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Reading/preparing for interviews with a little one is certainly difficult. But from what you have written it looks like it can certainly be managed.

1. I am assuming you live in 1 bedroom and in laws in other. During day time you can try to study after closing the doors of your bedroom. You can use noise cancelling headphones while preparing.
    2. Lucky for you your MIL is helping in kitchen. You are taking care of your LO's needs. By now your LO must be following some kind of schedule. You can try studying hen your LO sleeps or plays with her grandparents. Alternately you can give LO to FIL. That way both of them are occupied.
    3. Right now what do you want to focus on? Ensuring your DH does some work or you getting a job. There are some thing that you might need to put aside. So prioritize.
    4. Is your DH a mammas boy? If yes he would happily enjoy mom pampering. If not he would make an effort around the house.
    5. No pain no gain. If you need something you need to take extra effort. Honestly after 4 hours of work you should definitely be able to spare time to prepare.

I am sure that you have been adjusting to the same things (loud noise, small house, high volume, MIL not allowing DH to do any household work etc.). But now the stress of getting a job is making the smallest thing look like a mountain.

3. lahoreny

lahoreny Senior IL'ite

You are saying, it is hard for you to focus on applying for jobs at home. How about you leave your baby with the in laws for a few hours everyday and go to a library, net cafe, or computer lab in your area and do all the professional work there. In USA, it's hard to concentrate and study at home, students and people usually go to library or bookstore cafe to do this.
    Good luck