1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Help Me Decide!

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Mindfulness, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Mindfulness

Mindfulness Senior IL'ite

Oh now it is your turn.. well why i said was.. being on h4 is not easy.. many equally faces traumatic experiences.. being in home within four walls.. no job.. no friends n family.. husband at work.. hence in order to avoid in law coming 10,000 miles away seems bit far to me.. they can live in different city.. instead of facing many challenges on h4 visa.. i have also said no offense to anyone here. I am aware of in laws issues. I dont need to see forum here.. however daughter in law aren’t completely blameless.. I request people to stop finding fault in others post.. word to word.. i dont really write professionally.. reviewing each n every word.. hence ppl need to let go.. instead of giving me advices which i really dont want. However you were positive in your approach and not like the poster above.. thank you for the insight.. please let it go... my word to word opinion shouldn’t really matter.. let us not debate over it!!

2. Mindfulness

Post ignored!!

3. Ramyarc

Ramyarc Silver IL'ite

So OP looks like you have attracted some attention :wink: but i must say that you “poked the bear”. Honestly this thought (of life in India) does go through my mind pretty frequently and I also miss my life in India. But I am certain that I am not moving back. Moving to Canada was a joint decision for DH and me and the reason was straight forward - make more money and have a better life. And that reasoning prevails for both of us.
    There was a time last year when i was having a tough time and felt very homesick. Went to parents place in India and was able to meet most of my cousin sisters. All of them were taking tips from me for Canadian PR application! Some of them were as frank as saying that they wanna move by hook or crook. This kinda changed my perception.

You may think that your life sucks but be aware that there are ppl out there (ppl you know) who want to live your life.

From what I gather:
    You are a proud mom of a wonderful son
    You have a job that you like and want to grow in
    Both you and DH work which means you are able to save money

To me you are living a good life :tongueout:. Social life according to me is not static. Ppl move cities and even countries all the time. So my advice is don’t make your decisions based on social life.

But if you are having second thoughts then decide on your “why” factor. Why you moved to USA in the first place. If that reasons prevails then you are where you should be.

On the 10 friends you didn’t like... I am in the same boat. We have a similar group of my Dh’s friends and their wives. I joke to my DH that his friends’ wives are useless and I am done bonding with them. The only topic of common interest for us is movies and I hate the movies they like and I hate the movie stars they love and vice versa. :innocent:

And I agree with you that I am not interested in white women and their dogs and having to explain them that I don’t have to take 20 injections before going to India because I am so amazingly immune :BangHead:

So looks like we both are on a mission to find our soul sistas! Hope one of us finds it soon :p

Cheers
    Ramya

4. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

Then you shouldn’t have come on H4 visa. A hard earned and well deserved H1 might have changed your opinions.

Just saying!

5. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

Sorry to have to call out the tending-to-racist comments in this thread.

It's not fair to call out a race of people and stereotype them. Aren't there dog-lovers in India? Don't we all know of peers in our generation struggling with the saga of "ex-es" and dating before or after the arrange-marriage route?
    So what if they don't understand our "immunity" and we have to explain it to them - again and again? If we could explain our culture in genuine earnest - it *will* show and we just might be able to build better relationships everywhere.

shravs3, sbonigala and yellowmango like this.
  6. Mindfulness

I didn’t come on h4.. i came on F1.. but there are many people who want to avoid in law.. come on h4 and face worse situation.do you know the fate of h1b people? Being stuck in same visa for years together.. so many green card backlogs.. it takes ages to get a green card these days.. this restricts one to change job.. progress professionally.. pls don’t tell me about h1b.!!!

7. Mindfulness

Well i didnt say loving dog is bad or they are not in india. Stop finding fault in other post... i just said overall their topic of conversation is different from ours. I know Americans are very courteous.. i have them as friends.. i just said I personally can’t make them as close friends.. or on family level..
    - to all those who are targeting me here.. try to see positive in a person.. rather finding faults in them..
    - we all are anonymous here.. total strangers..let us not judge someone by single post

On closing note.. i need not prove myself to anyone here.. i just came here seeking answer to my query.. I didn’t know people would target me taking word to word.. i am not professional writer.. i have got few good advices.. thanks to them..
    any further replies will not be answered.. i have better things to do in my life.

I request moderators on this forum to close this thread!!

8. Mindfulness

I request moderators on this forum to close this thread!!

9. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

Dear @Mindfullness - just because you have not been able to get close to those specific families you have met - you are generalizing to the "entire" race of people - and have closed the case on the relationships working out. That is what I am trying to bring out here.

No, one is trying to target you here. We can only try to evaluate the situation from your "words". Your words are all we have.

If you would like only those who conform to your opinion to reply - then please state that, nothing wrong at all with that. You can say:

"Folks, I am only looking for re-assurance from those who think social in life in India is better." Simple! :)

When you put yourself out there in a public forum, you have to be willing to take both sides of the coin. All the very best with whatever you choose for your peace of mind!

SunPa, shravs3, lavani and 1 other person like this.
  10. Angela123

Angela123 Gold IL'ite

Sorry for your experience!

However, people who decide to stay in the US shouldn't be concerned how mindfulness's experience turned out. Everyone has a different take on relationships. And when it come to making friends in a new city, a lot of effort goes into it. So whoever decides to stay there are a lot of ways to find friends, but the friends might come in all packages - they might be working full time, they might be stay at home people, they might be in a whole another situation than you. I met one of my good friends in an indian grocery store. we exchanged numbers and our family had lunch one day, and we hit it off instantly and has been spending our holidays together ever since. Around the same time i met this friend, I met another person, however we found that we don't have the sync. It did not work out. of these two scenarios, first friend was a stay home person, second one was student/working like me.
    My point is finding friends needs patience and work. It is a two way street.
    I do not think I will choose life in India over life in US based on the friendship I can make or break.

lavani and Sunshine04 like this.