1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Healthy Living

Discussion in 'Healthy Living' started by inboxsweetee, Feb 23, 2016.

1. inboxsweetee

inboxsweetee Gold IL'ite

How healthy are you .. Do you follow any regime or routine to achieve being Healthy...

What is your take on Healthy Living ??? :)

1 person likes this.

2. bhartisehgal537

bhartisehgal537 New IL'ite

Fitness and health are extremely important in everyone’s life. If you are not fit, then you will keep facing issues all the time. There is a reason why there are so many gyms these days all around towns. If you are looking to become extremely fit then find a gym in Gurgaon quickly and start working out. Other than working out, there are few other things you need to do in order to stay fit. Here are some simple ways to achieve a fit life…[​IMG]
    • Eat healthy – Eating and maintaining a healthy diet is a must. If you are not eating the right food, then you are troubling your inner body system. You need to make sure that you have just the right diet, which suits you the best. Meet a nutritionist or dietician to get a chart of food items that you need to consume according to your health and body.
    • Take a break – Stress is said to be a cause for several diseases, you need to take a break from your hectic schedule and spend some vacation time. You can also relax and go out with friends to have some fun time. But make sure you take small breaks in between your hectic life to avoid stress. If you have kids, then you should plan a big family trip every year or twice a year to have some fun!
    • Workout in portions – When we say you must workout, we do not mean you have to spend 2 hours in the gym. You can just workout for 30 minutes and then get back home. You can also do a 15 minute workout at home with basic exercises and then go for a 20 minute run outside. It is essential to walk and jog because it keeps away a lot of health issues. The more you walk, the better it is. Make sure you have comfortable shoes on, and if you have arthritis, avoid too much walking.
    • Get regular check-ups – We all want to know what is happening inside our body to get a clear idea of whether we are sick or not. Sometimes, you might not know that you have a disease from the past few months, but once you check it, you get to know it. Regular check-ups can help you in knowing your body internally better.
    • Detox regularly – If you are taking too many medicines or have been eating unhealthy food lately then detox your body. You can make a fruit smoothie or have a salad or a certain fruit to detox your body from all the toxins. There are several natural foods, which have detox properties and it is better to opt for fruits than to have supplements to detox. For example, tangerines, lemon water, pomegranate, butter milk, etc. help in detoxing the toxins from our body and also purify the blood.
    So, what are you waiting for? Note down these points and begin your healthy fit schedule right away. Make sure you follow it religiously to see results.

tencecatty likes this.
  3. inboxsweetee

inboxsweetee Gold IL'ite

Thanks @bhartisehgal537

4. IniyaaSri

IniyaaSri IL Hall of Fame

@sweetee, I was about to start the same topic few days back! Good that you started.

I start my day with warm lemon juice, then nuts, then fruits on empty stomach.
    I usually dont encourage any junk food as part of healthy living. May be rarely its fine.
    And every day two vegetable included in everyone's lunch.
    Morning, only indian breakfast. (either steamed dish or any easy to digest healthy dish) ( our indian cuisine is one among the 10 top healthy cuisine all over the world. Why we should we not eat from our own house rather than eating neighbor's unhealthy easy dishes ;-) )
    No compensation on HEALTHY breakfast.
    And I never eat stomach full. I mean I fill only 80% of my stomach which I heard is healthy.

only these things came to my mind as of now ;-)

And a walk for 30 min :)

1 person likes this.
  5. sanarthi

sanarthi Silver IL'ite

Physical Activity:

I make sure that i do some physical exercise regularly. I do Yoga for about 1.5 hrs daily.
    Use stairs in office rather than lift
    Walk daily for atleast 30 mins in evening
    Meditate atleast for 20 mins daily.
    If possible , if you stay near by any hill, try climbing early morning . you can to to any temple over the hill by steps rather than car/bike.If done on full moon & no moon day you can get more physical activity for your body.

Food:

We are what we eat. So eat only fresh foods. Dont eat refrigirated foods. It wont have prana in it. The food without prana is a poison. So try to avoid canned/refrigirated one.
    Dont change the character of the food. Dont boil or cook honey;
    Dont cook cucumber , so that the coolness will be taken out.
    Avoid white sugar. use our country alternatives.
    Dont cook the vegies/fruits that are meant to eat raw and dont eat raw vegies that has to be taken after cooking.
    Use Ginger, garlic , asafoetida cumin, pepper regularly to make sure that you dont get constipated.

Check ups:

Regular bi yearly checkups and yearly complete check up is a must.
    If you see any difference in any part of the body, make sure you consult with the doctor.

1 person likes this.
  6. IniyaaSri

And every week there will be green leaves included, all kinds of beans included rather than just vegetables and fruits!!

1 person likes this.
  7. inboxsweetee

inboxsweetee Gold IL'ite

Start consuming 1 or 2 garlic pieces in empty stomach along with lemon juice . So NO fat in belly :)

8. IniyaaSri

I tried dear! ;-) Its toooooo tough to eat raw garlic... Its acidic on tongue :-( so left it. Also let us know what do you do for healthy living.

9. inboxsweetee

inboxsweetee Gold IL'ite

just smash garlic and add in warm water then add Lemon juice to it. For sure you can consume this time.

water intake regularly
    I dont eat specific but I eat in controlled portion and take organic spices , vegetables etc in organic only.
    aerobics everyday 40mins- 1 hr
    Dance every day for some time may be 15 or 20 mins
    Juices - Any fruit or veggie juice 1 glass a day
    Milk - 1 glass a day
    Beauty sleep must for 8 hours

Mostly for anything beauty or health I try going with Natural resources

1 person likes this.