1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Head jerks in my child, pls help with any comments

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by frusr, Aug 16, 2013.

1. frusr

frusr New IL'ite

My daughter is 5 1/2 yrs old, and was complaining of ocassional head jerks since past 1.5 yrs, when i took it light and kind of ignored. She had frequent involuntary head movements associated with muscle spasms all that started with some itching all over her body and probably the side effects of cortesone oral steroids that was given to sooth her allery/itching.Finally she was referred to be seen by pediatric neurologist, her brain MRI was done and said to be normal by neurologist in India except that her brain is not fully developed and according to him itseems thats normal till kids turn age 6 and he further referred her to be seen by phscologist in India.She got over her head jerks after 2 weeks or so and i came back to US and she didnt had any jerks for past 5 months.But since 1.5 weeks she has again started with head tics/jerks/involuntary head movement which has become very frequent ( more that 20 or so in a day)and again her pediatrist here wants her to see neurologist as she thinks her MRI report is not normal( It mentions mild diffuse cerebral atrophy and as per india neurologist it was normal). I am having sleepless nights not knowing whats real happened to my little cure daughter.Have taken an apptmt with neurologist next week though.But just dont know how to react and tolerate when my child complains of head jerks thats bothering her. Anyone who has any idea or heard on similar case pls throw your lights.

2. sarada30

sarada30 Platinum IL'ite

dear friend,

i do not have knowledge about this problem which you dd is facing but do not panic wait tell the doctor say something. we all will pray for your daughters good health.

Om sai ram.