HB is low..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by amsuganya, Dec 15, 2011.

1. SP711

SP711 New IL'ite

Having beetroot juice helps a lot.. in the regular glass of juice also put one beetroot medium sied.. other things u can eat are methi (fenugreek), banana, spinach

2. shilpamaroli

shilpamaroli Senior IL'ite

I was having low HB from long time. So was quite careful during my pregnency. My mother made sure that i was eating green leaves and amla(gooseberry) daily. Also had pomegranate, dates, dry black grapes, ragi etc........and had some source of vitamin C along with foods rich in iron. I stopped having tea/coffee. After this my HB didnt go below 12 during pregnency.

3. Dwirakhi

Dwirakhi Silver IL'ite

Dear Suganya,

Its normal for the blood HB levels to drop as the pregnancy progresses. But it is crucial to maintain an optimum level as child birth involves blood loss. Post delivery the endometrium lining sheds leading to bleeding for 20 to 30 days called lochia. So one needs to be stalked up on a fairly decent level say around eleven.

Most vegetarians are anaemic, supplement your iron by incorporating a lot of local greens, let spinach not be the only source. Make your diet green. Don't take your iron tablets on a full stomach imm along with a meal. Give a break for about 15 to 20 mints. Vit C is essential to absorb iron in our body so take a vit c supplement along with iron, or add a fruit rich in vit C. Blood loss in pregnancy can occur due to bleeding gums or haemorrhoids. So please make sure you are able to control these areas and minimize blood loss.
    If you are a non vegetarian then please increase your fish intake!
    Having less hb will exhaust you and make you prone to fatigue and irritability faster. For a natural birth one needs strength patience grace and loads of energy. And these attributes go hand in hand with a new mother to help her enjoy her new born and handle the enormous responsibilities that come along!

Take Care
    Rakhi

4. lakshmi13

lakshmi13 Gold IL'ite

hi

eat lots of beetroot and spinach. The ideal level is 11. take care and eat healthy.