1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Having a guest in my house (night mare)

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by hamsadhvani, Aug 29, 2013.

1. hamsadhvani

hamsadhvani Junior IL'ite

:bonk
    Shhhhhh. Never thought a guest can change my life into a hell. My friends daughter came to my house to stay with me for 3 weeks. I don't mind helping her because she couldn't get a job where studied and her parents moved out of this country 2 years back. So I allowed her to stay with me for sometime before looking for a house. How can a girl be soo lazy and not even having bath daily. :spin. Annoyed by her behaviour and by her dressing. Xxxl size and in late 20s of her age she couldn't even covering herself properly. Wearing a mini skirt and sleeveless tops with low neck tops makes me uncomfortable.

Waking up by 10 or 11 in the morning and eating without brushing or bathing is not allowed in my house. I dont know how to tell her because I am very soft and always cautious about not to hurt anyone by my words. I do lots of poojas at home and I am not in a mood to do any thing related to my prayers. I am upset by not doing my routine prayers because she is having her periods and moving around the house and sitting on the sofa and not even asking me if she can sit on the sofa. (am I over doing? Noooooo. I can't compromise certain things. Then why I allow her to stay with me?) she is too smart to wash her plate after eating and just ignore other things on the sink. Feel pity for some one and getting all the angry and you deserve this look from my daughter and my husband because i am very strict with them in all this things. I know her family is also orthodox and very fussy about this things. But how
    can she behave like this in my house? I am waiting for her to move out and
    clean the house.
    I know some people are like this. But isn't the parents duty to advise them
    behave well when they stay in other people's house? I know I am too soft but feel bad when people take this for granted. Oh my god give me courage to say no if someone ask the same help next time.:bowdown
    Hamsa.

2. arthimahalakshm

arthimahalakshm Gold IL'ite

i agree with you that it is the fault of the girl only.she should know how to behave in other's house.
    she should not take you granted.so tomorrow in front of her give some instruction to your daughter like have bathe then only you will have tiffin and all.a girl of 20 years surely under stand your hint.
    if doesn't work out tell her directly what you don't like in her.
    maximum she will spoil your friendship with her mother.

2 people like this.
  3. 123thirumala

123thirumala Silver IL'ite

tell her directly u should not behave this way being a girl

1 person likes this.
  4. orchidgb

orchidgb Silver IL'ite

hi

though she has come for short stay tell her in our house we are following some traditional way and you also follow the same.
    tell her your children are so hygenic so bathing and brushing done twice.
    call your friend or her mom and advise her why this girl so unhygenic.... also tell some one who was like that faced with lot of illness in the future...

5. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Sounds like good idea, try this.. See if girl picks her hint by this.

Also try talking to her mom(ur friend) and tell her in a way, that
    you are not complaining about her, but worried about her
    hygiene/health, and her future life after marriage with this bad habits.:bonk

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

WEll, if you feel you are close to the family and a well wisher, molding a future individual like your own shouldn't be a problem, no?

7. rosemary12

rosemary12 Silver IL'ite

Well, while I understand your frustration on her not taking bath everyday, and eating without brushing her teeth, I am unable to comprehend why should she seek your permission to sit on the sofa??? And isn't she already wise enough to clean her own plates? Why do you think she is obliged to clean all the vessels in the sink???

I guess, the feeling is mutual!

For your problem, well I am a cleanliness freak, so if someone did this in my house, I would tell them directly to brush and take bath first. Talking directly solves most of the problems!

sindmani, yellowmango, Chapra and 2 others like this.
  8. anmolhai

anmolhai Platinum IL'ite

Its best to lay the rules on first couple of days. When she came and you showed her room, that's the time you shd have told her what you expect (politely off course). I don't understand why she has to ask to sit on the sofa???

sindmani likes this.
  9. ushae

ushae Silver IL'ite

Will it be ok if she had been a "boy" ?

10. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP,

I understand your annoyance at her waking up late, not brushing her teeth and taking bath and your discomfort at her sense of dressing. But why should she wash all the dishes in the sink ? And not sit on the sofa or move about the house when she has her periods ? I suppose being 20 years of age she knows about feminine hygiene products :hide: Why should it prevent you from your daily prayers, as long as she does not insist on joining you ? :idontgetit:
    You can ask her to wake up on time and brush and have her food. Maybe if you are close enough to her family you can even ask her to dress a bit more conservatively at home. But if you ask her to clean the dirty dishes in the sink (when she is sensible enough to clean her own plate) and sit on the floor when she is having her periods, it may very well be the end of your friendship with the family :coffee
    But please try not to stereotype gender roles. Would you have been fine with a friend's 20-year son behaving the same way ?